A few hours ago, I sent out an email to all those who participated in a free webinar I offered last week.
I wanted to share it here because it’s a message I believe you need to own!
I wanted to offer a final point (actually several) on why all this “social” stuff really isn’t optional anymore!
1) There are now almost 3 Billion social networking accounts worldwide and that number is expected to reach about 5 Billion in the next 2 years. There are approximately 200 million blogs worldwide and according to Technoratic, the number of blogs grows at about 10,000 per day. There are 100 hours of video being uploaded to YouTube every second. I could continue to bore you will all these stats, but let me bottom line it for you . . .
Chances are pretty darn superb that your potential clients and existing clients are leaving clues for the taking and at a minimum, offering someone an opportunity to bond with them. Might as well be YOU!
2) Look around you. What do you see glued to everyone’s hands? Gold star if you said “A smartphone!” The average person checks their phone 150 times per day (more if there’s a really cool viral cat video making the rounds) This means that eyeballs (and attention spans) have gone elsewhere. Are YOU at least showing up?
3) A Gartner study found that the average person consumes 100,000 words of content each day. Do you think they consume at least some of that content via social networking channels. Once again, are you even showing up?
4) Everyone has their own preferred venue for communication. Just because you don’t “get” all this social stuff, doesn’t mean your client/potential client feels the same way. Trust me when I tell you that they don’t care what you “get”.They show up where THEY want to! Are you showing up? Oh,and I think it’s awesome that you prefer to make phone calls . . .Does that make your prospect suddenly want to pick up the phone if they don’t love it?
5) Propinquity ROCKS! Propinquity means nearness, closeness and kinship and we can certainly establish propinquity by the virtual “bumping into” of our prospects online. Propinquity is the Mother, Grandmother, Great Grandmother etc of that whole “Know, like and trust” think. In fact, propinquity expedites it and puts it on steroids.
Remember, no one is telling you (at least I’m not) to abandon your phone calls.
Sooner or later this all comes down to a call . . .
I’m just suggesting that its a tad unnecessary to make that call cold when there are so many ways to make it WARM!
Tomorrow, we launch our online Social Selling Camp, and I’m hoping that you’ll continue your rock star development by joining us!
Here’s the plan . . .
In Session 1 We’re going to talk about brand YOU! I’m going to take you step by step, through an exercise to help you clearly define how you want to be viewed by the world. You do know that they judge you, right?
In Session 2 We’ll discuss the various platforms and how you can attract potential clients. I’ll show you several plays from my own playbook as well as several examples of how your peers are leveraging things like LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook just to name a few!
In Session 3 I’ll share how you can use “Social Listening” to learn about important buying signals as well as conversation starters. We’ll discuss how you can gather competitive data that you absolutely need to leverage!
In Session 4 We’re going to dive, head first into how you can approach potential clients, via social channels without the conversation getting “salesy” or weird! I’ll take you through my Communication Mapping process and show you specific examples of how I leverage this process to hunt and secure new business!
In Session 5 I’m going to show you how to do something that 99% of your competitors SUCK at! It’s a little something called “Transitioning online connections to offline clients”
In Session 6 I’m going to show you how to put it all together into a manageable daily, weekly and monthly routine. Oh, and I’m going to give you several options too! Some of you have the time to go all out with my lead generation system others only have a few minutes a day. My plan is give you a plan based on how much time you can dedicate to my system. Fair enough?
At the end of the program, you will have a powerful lead generation system!
Registration ends today so if you’d like to learn more, please click HERE and reserve your spot!