There are actually several ways for you to heat up a cold call by sending an email first.
For now, my advice is to make them hungry with a “potato chip” email.
You know the deal with potato chips (you can’t eat just one) and that’s exactly what you can do in your email.
Ways to present a “potato chip”;
Hint at a result and offer to share how they can achieve it, if they take your call, and then tell them the date and time you’ll be calling.
Offer some important info that you will share, if they take your call, and then tell them the date and time you’ll be calling.
An important resource that you will share, if they take your call, and then tell them the date and time you’ll be calling.
Anything to make them hungry but;
A) Obviously, don’t bullsh*t them.
B) Use your pre call planning research to make the email specific to THEM. Example: “I have a few ideas that might underscore your new green initiative, product launch, expansion, etc”
C) Use my “Reverse Call To Action” technique.
The reverse call to action is when you tell them the action YOU are going to take, instead of asking THEM to do something.
Example: “I’m going to call you, Thursday morning, at 9:30 am”
There’s more to this, but for now, this can, and WILL heat up your cold call.
Because you’re intriguing them with something useful and relevant but holding out on delivering it until they take your call.
The brain loves a good mystery and has a need to connect ALL of the dots.
You’re also leveraging “FOMO” (Fear Of Missing Out).
Use that to your advantage with an email and follow up call.
We’re going to be talking more about the “potato chip” technique and the “reverse call to action” in our How To Write AWESOME Sales Emails webinar, this Thursday!
Have you registered yet?
Sign up to gain access to . . .
- Finding potential clients, who have a 400% higher probability of needing what you sell.
- 10 different emails that get results. You’ll also get the templates.
- 12 subject lines that encourage the recipient to disregard and delete!
- 12 BETTER subject lines that will get your email opened.
- One all caps EPIC mistake, that turns off your prospect, in the first 2-3 sentences.
- One killer opening statement that engages your recipient from “Hello”.
- 2, MUST use psychological techniques that can gently persuade the recipient
- A 3 part, email format, that will position you apart from your competitors.
- How to dramatically increase your email responses.
- 4 ways to find email addresses, WITHOUT spending a dime
“I took Paul’s email course and the value is unsurpassed. Well worth the investment.”
Jim Lesko, President, Lesko Industries Inc
Here’s What You Get . . .
(1) 90 minute training session
Webinar Replay (In case you can’t make it on Thursday or you’d like to review the training again)
10 Email Templates
Bonus eBook (Sent After The Webinar)
Sign up anyway and I’ll send you the webinar replay later that afternoon. View it anytime during the next 60 days.