By now, you should know that I feel that our prospects have way too many things on the brain.
In fact, I believe that they have so many things tugging at their attention strings that’s its way too easy for you and I to be forgotten.
What’s an aspiring sales rock star to do?
I was talking with my friend Richie “The Mayor Of Hardware” DeMarco the other day and he told me about a really cool resource.
The first thing that makes this cool is that there is a free version.
The second thing that makes it cool is that I don’t see a ton of people doing this . . . which means its an opportunity to stand out.
I’m talking about an easy to use tool where you can include an video in your emails.
Possible ways for you to use this . . .
1) To get the attention of that prospect who won’t call you back. Perhaps you could request the appointment through your video?
2) To thank a prospect who took the time to talk with you. How many people take the time to thank a prospect for their time in a way that truly puts “a face with the voice”
3) To thank an existing client.
4) To send a monthly “did you know” message to your clients letting them know about additional products and services
5) To send a monthly “resource” video to your network letting people know about things (outside of your company) that might be helpful. People get the benefit of the resource while seeing you and hearing you.
Time Out! You might be thinking “Yikes Paul . . . shouldn’t we be doing this on a live call or face to face” You bet we should but that’s provided they take the call or take the meeting. Either way, this could reinforce the discussion.
Here’s something else, that I like about it. It let’s you know when the video has been viewed so you can follow up.
Time Out (Again) Don’t be a pain in the ass with that feature. There is nothing more annoying than viewing something like this and then getting a “So what did you think?” email like 30 seconds later.
I believe Dr Evil said it best when he said “It got weird didn’t it?”
So there you have it, yet another way for you to stand out by adding one more thing to your sales mix!
Now its your turn . . . What are you thoughts of including a video in an email and for the bonus question . . . how else can we use something like this in our sales efforts?
Here’s the link(its an affiliate link by the way. I always like to be up front about those things) : http://mailvu.com/?a_aid=4fa70fdf21972