One of the biggest complaints I hear about social networking efforts is a lack of response.
And I know you’re thinking “Don’t they call it a “SOCIAL Network”?
As crazy as that is, there’s a way to dramatically increase your response rates via your social network.
Before I get to the main technique I want to share, we need to understand a few things (Feel free to say “Duh” but then again, you’d be surprised)
- If you’ve had zero interaction and your first attempt is a sales pitch, you’re going to have a sh*tty response rate. Better to have some interaction first. Even better to find ways to give something upfront (resources, introductions to others etc) Time Out: There are some who believe, that you should NEVER sell on a social network. That’s an unrealistic expectation. I tried it that way and almost starved.
- People need to feel a sense of propinquity towards you. You establish propinquity by “showing up”regularly in your status updates, commenting on other people’s updates, offering resources, being helpful, showing up in the groups etc. My guess is that right now . . .NOBODY knows who the hell you are. And if that’s the case, you’re lowering the probability of a response.
Having offered those two “Duh Castain” moments, here’s how you dramatically increase your response rates and actually create something that will absolutely blow your mind;
One promise you need to make before reading further . . .
You’re not allowed to dismiss this because of it’s simplicity.
Ready . . .
End with a question
So if you’re sending something an “inmail” say what you’re going to say and end that bad boy with a question.
If you comment on someone’s status update, end that comment with a question.
You’ve just connected with someone and you’re thanking them for connecting, end it with a question.
Questions, inspire responses and responses create dialogue.
Dialogue creates propinquity . . .
Propinquity expedites your social networking courtship
So go ahead and give it a shot and while you’re at it, start using this technique in your emails to potential clients to improve your response rates there too!
Would You Like Several More Tips Like This One?
If you found value in this post, join us for our webinar, How To Generate MORE Leads Via LinkedIn, on February 23rd, at 11:30 am EST.
I’m going to show you:
- What to say and do, from the moment, you connect with someone. And I’m going to give you the exact templates that I’ve been using!
- How to position yourself as an expert and THE Absolute BEST choice.
- How to provide value WITHOUT conditioning a bunch of freeloaders who love to “friendzone” you! Another lesson that I learned the hard way!
- How to create a referral machine . . .Even with people who’ve never bought from you!
- How to IMMEDIATELY increase your phone appointments each week. Note: My coaching clients average 10 more appointments each week. Your mileage may vary.
- How to use LinkedIn groups, LinkedIn Publisher etc to create MORE opportunities.
- How to send inmails without paying for a premium membership.
- How to dramatically increase your response rates via LinkedIn.
- How to approach someone without coming across as salesy. How do you feel when this happens to you on LinkedIn?
- How to do this all on a tight schedule (I mean, I’m sure you don’t have all day to play around on LinkedIn, right?
And I ABSOLUTELY WON’T show you a damn thing about improving your LinkedIn profile.
Because I’ll leave that for every other “Expert” to beat to death.
Personally, I think we should focus our efforts on actually being SOCIAL on a social network. The mechanics of LinkedIn really need to take a back seat to the SOCIAL part!
The investment is only $99 and here’s what you’ll get;
(1) 90 minute webinar
The Recording (Sent out later that day)
2 Bonus eBooks with additional ideas
Email Access To Me to answer any webinar related questions
Sign up below. Just click the button and follow the instructions to register.