Sometimes we get so used to hearing something, that the familiarity of the message, keeps us away from the importance of the overall message.
Like asking for referrals.
If I were to ask you “Why should sales reps ask for referrals?”
After seriously considering giving me a sobriety test, I’m guessing you’d say “Because it’s one of many ways we can make money in sales”.
On the surface, you’d be 100% correct, but it really goes way deeper than that!
5 Reasons Why Referrals Are So Important
- There’s a much higher closing rate when we pursue opportunities where we’ve been given a warm intro. I can also tell you, first hand, that when I am referred to a prospect, they hardly ever ask me to sharpen my pencil. Why? Because my reputation has preceded me! Yours will too!
- There’s typically a much lower cost of sales when an opportunity is generated via referral. The obvious cost savings is in the marketing but the not so obvious is in the reduction in time spent and lack of negotiating.
- When a client gives a referral they are affirming their decision to do business with you. I’m not seeing a downside to that!
- When you ask someone for a referral, it strokes their ego . . .at least twice! Everyone likes it when someone asks for them to recommend something. It makes them feel as if, they’re regarded as “being in the know”. So when you ask someone for a referral their ego gets stroked with you, and also with those they reach out to on your behalf.
- Asking for referrals sets a certain level of expectation with your clients. In sales, we always talk about “managing expectations” so why wouldn’t we create a vibe where our clients expect us to ask them for referrals?
So, having said all that;
Why aren’t YOU asking for more referrals?
Don’t know how?
By The Way . . .
We’re going to be talking about referrals in Session 8 of our Rock Star Academy program. There’s a simple way that I teach my clients to ask for referrals that doubles and triples the referrals they’ve been getting.
We also talk about referral sources the average sales rep misses. Why? Because these referral sources AREN’T your clients but there, I’ve gone and said too much!
Here’s what the rest of the program looks like (and how you can get $300 off if you enroll by Monday, December 10th!
Session 1: Creating An Effective Prospecting Plan
Session 2 : 20 Ways To Create Opportunities
Session 3: Meticulous Pre-Call Planning
Session 4: Cold Emails That Get Opened, Read, and Responded To
Session 5: A Cure For The Common Cold Call.
Session 6: Social Selling Tactics
Session 7: Network Like A Pro
Session 8: How To ROCK Your Referrals
Session 9: How To Get Your Dream Client’s Attention
Session 10: Creating A Kick-Ass Prospecting Cadence
Session 11: How To Take Control Of Your Prospect Meetings
Session 12: Presenting Your Solutions With IMPACT!
Session 13: Negotiate Like A Pro
You’ll get your first prerecorded session on Monday, January 10th, and then a new session will arrive every Monday after that.
(13) 45-90 Minute Pre-Recorded Sessions Delivered Once to Twice Per Week Starting January 10, 2019
Worksheets For Each Session
Templates (Actually A Ton Of Templates)
3 Bonus e-Books
Email Access To Paul Castain To Answer Any Course Related Questions and To Get Feedback On Your Assignments.
What’s the investment?
Normally $799 But if you register BEFORE December 10th, it’s only $499!
Please click HERE ASAP to lock in on the savings and secure your spot in this program.