There’s a really simple email that I’ve been sending since 2010 that has generated hundreds of phone appointments for me.
Happy to share it with you but;
Don’t even think of dismissing it because of its simplicity unless;
You’re a competitor of mine!
Here goes . . .
Go to your LinkedIn network, and start alphabetically.
Pick at least 3 people that you’ve never spoken with, that you would consider a potential client.
Send them an email or “inmail” as they call it on LinkedIn.
In the email, mention that you’ve been connected for a while and you are embarrassed, that you’ve never reached out before this.
Suggest two scheduling alternatives (the same way you would if you were cold calling someone).
Once you schedule the call, research them as you would for a potential client.
Now there’s a bit more, once you get them on the phone, but the main thing to remember is, DON’T launch, immediately into a sales pitch.
Get to know them
Find out how you can help them
Perhaps introduce them to someone
Now if you speak to 3 people, each week;
At the end of a year, you’ll have increased your phone appointments by 150.
You’ll also have 150 more opportunities for referrals and warm intros.
You’d really have to be a real jerk to 150 people to have NOTHING to show for that effort.
By the way, when I knew I was going to be launching Castain Training Systems, I spoke with 10-15 people, from my network, each week and;
I brought in 45 clients, in the first 30 days.
While your mileage may vary, I can’t see a downside to trying this approach.
I put together a FREE eBook taking you step by step and you can get yours by clicking HERE.
One More Thing . . .
Be sure to join us this Friday, December 1st, for our Cold Calls That ROCK webinar!
Here’s what I’m going to share . . .
- How to research a potential client WITHOUT becoming a full time research analyst.
- 2 ways to get WARM Introductions.
- 5 Email Templates That WARM up a cold call.
- How to craft an objection resistant dialogue that gets their attention in the first 10 seconds.
- How to proactively prevent skepticism, doubt, resistance and, I might as well say it; OBJECTIONS!
- How to respond to typical objections like “Not interested/No need” “Have a supplier/Under contract” “Too busy”.
- How to respond to typical stalls, like “Call me back next month, next year, after the holidays, next millennium etc” “Send me your information” etc.
- A 3 step formula to help you regain control of your calls.
- 4 ways to beat nervousness and call reluctance.
December 1st at 11:30 am EST and don’t worry if you can’t make it that day. Sign up anyway and I’ll send you the webinar replay and all the goodies listed below!
Here’s what you’ll get;
(1) 90 minute webinar
Webinar Replay (In case you can’t make it or you’d just like to go back for more)
5 Email Templates
So if you’d like to bring your phone skills up a notch or three, click HERE to secure your spot!