The worst prospecting phrase has nothing to do with your opening statement on a call or email.
It has nothing to do with how you choose to communicate your value proposition.
In fact, the worst prospecting phrase isn’t even something you would say to a potential client.
The phrase is actually said in defense of your preferred prospecting venue and;
It usually goes something like this;
“I prefer the phone”
“I prefer email”
“I prefer LinkedIn”
There are several reason why I believe this is the absolute WORST prospecting phrase EVER (Was I dramatic enough with my caps?).
Nobody and I mean nobody gives a sh*t about how you prefer to communicate.
Seriously, they don’t, but;
They DO care about THEIR Preferred Venue For Communication.
When you make a statement like “I prefer the phone”;
You’ve just shut the door on all the people who hate the phone (or at the very least never answer their phone) but;
Find LinkedIn, email or heck, even a drop in, to be more favorable.
I reject the question . . .
There was an interesting scene in the 1991 movie “Mobsters” when Arnold Rothstein puts Lucky Luciano on the spot;
Arnold Rothstein: “Mr. Luciano, you’re walking down the street. Suddenly you realize you’re being followed. It’s a hit. Walking towards you is a second gunman. You have time to fire at only one of them. Which one do . . .”
Lucky Luciano: [cutting him off] “I don’t accept the question. To live, I gotta kill ‘em both.”
I love that scene because it represents a mindset many refuse to have . . .
For you to survive and/or thrive, you need every option you can deploy and NOT some lame “I prefer ______” BS!
Today, you’re cordially invited to stop limiting your opportunities to what YOU prefer!
Prospecting BETTER and Closing MORE
That’s exactly what we’re going to be talking about in our Virtual Sales Camp Program.
It’s 100 tips and tactics, 15 sales email templates, 1 cold call template, 4 voicemail templates, 1 agenda statement template, and a really cool PDF with 100 sales questions.
Here’s what we’ll cover . . .
- 30 ways to find potential clients who have a higher probability of needing what you sell TODAY.
- How to research quickly and efficiently so it doesn’t become your life’s work.
- 33 ways to approach a potential client.
- 3 ways to dramatically increase the probability of someone taking your call instead of letting it go to voicemail.
- Creating a prospecting cadence that maximizes exposure, while limiting something experts refer to as “Becoming a pain in the ass”.
- 15 email templates that get opened, read and responded to.
- How to embrace a “gatekeeper” as a partner vs some cranky keeper of the gate!
- How to craft an objection resistant dialogue that gets their attention from “Hello”. I’m also going to send you a template you can IMMEDIATELY apply.
- 12 ways to proactively prevent skepticism, doubt, resistance and I might as well say it, OBJECTIONS!
- A 3 step formula for responding to 95% of the objections you get on a regular basis.
- 3 really cool tactics to use when someone asks you to send them information.
- 4 types of voice mails that will capture the recipient’s attention. I’m also going to send you the templates.
- The one question you MUST ask the minute you set the appointment.
- The Pre Appointment Packet you need to get into your prospect’s hands BEFORE your meeting.
- A template that will help you take immediate control of your next prospect meeting (without having you come across as pushy or manipulative).
- 12 tactics that safeguard your deal from obstacles, stalls and objections.
- 5 Types of questions (with examples) that jumpstart your prospect’s emotions while forging your credibility.
- How to disqualify competitors WITHOUT badmouthing them.
- The one question you MUST ask BEFORE presenting your solutions.
- 3 things to include in your proposals that your competitors WON’T!
- How to keep the discussion from going prematurely to price.
- 12 ways to REDUCE doubt, skepticism and objections while keeping your deal moving forward.
- How to keep the attention of ALL of the stakeholders, better yet, how to keep them actively involved in the meeting!
- How to ask for the business WITHOUT getting all “salesy”.
- How to negotiate like a pro!
- A communication plan that addresses THE most dangerous time with your prospects . . . The time between meetings!
FREE Bonus Session: 25 Ways To ROCK Your Sales This Summer
- 3 ways to create URGENCY with your prospects and clients
- 10 email tactics that will help you capture your prospect’s attention (and get more responses)
- 2 “Summer Specific Attention Getters”
- 2 ways to triple your referrals
- 3 ways to generate more business with your existing clients
- 3 ways to handle “Call me back after Labor Day”
- A ridiculously simple summer communication plan you can implement the moment I teach it to you
- How to leverage the summer instead of dreading it
- How to outwork your competitors this summer (and still enjoy the heck out of yours)
So what do you get?
(4) 90 minute pre-recorded sessions with worksheets.
15 sales email templates
1 cold calling template
4 voicemail template
PDF with 100 sales questions
Castain’s Agenda Statement template
Whenever you’d like. I’ll send you everything within 24 hours and the rest is up to you.
Registration ends July 19th!
Please click HERE to get started!