If you cold call, there’s some bad news that really SHOULDN’T shock you.
According To An IBM Study, 98% Of Cold Calls Fail!
For the optimists reading this, LeapJob did a similar study and found that it was more like 97%!
So you can have the best product, service, company, or heck, you could be trying to give it away for free, but;
Your prospect would NEVER know, because they never heard you out when you called!
If I were to offer ONE suggestion that leads to more appointments;
Lead with something about THEM, instead of something about YOUR company, solution, etc!
In an email;
Make the subject line about THEM.
Make the opening statement about THEM.
When you call;
Make your opening statement about THEM.
I teach a really simple, fill in the blank, sentence to include in your opening statement that goes something like this;
“I noticed that ___________”
Then fill in the blank with something you discovered in your pre call planning research that’s relevant.
Examples From My Hunting Efforts;
“I noticed that you’re hiring several new sales reps”
“I noticed that you have a new product launching in July”
“I noticed that you were just promoted to Vice President of Sales”
Here’s the secret (Don’t tell anyone)
Everyone has a favorite subject and that subject typically ISN’T YOU, so;
If you lead with something about THEIR favorite subject, you capture their attention.
This is actually step #1 in a 4 step communication framework that I’m sharing on Friday during our Cold Calls That ROCK webinar!
Have you registered yet?
What’s that, you’re “busy” that day?
Sign up anyway and I’ll send you the replay. Watch it later when you’re less “busy”, I won’t tell anyone!
Otherwise, here’s what you’re about to miss;
- How to research a potential client WITHOUT becoming a full time research analyst.
- 2 ways to get WARM Introductions.
- 5 Email Templates That WARM up a cold call.
- How to craft an objection resistant dialogue that gets their attention in the first 10 seconds.
- How to proactively prevent skepticism, doubt, resistance and, I might as well say it; OBJECTIONS!
- How to respond to typical objections like “Not interested/No need” “Have a supplier/Under contract” “Too busy”.
- How to respond to typical stalls, like “Call me back next month, next year, after the holidays, next millennium etc” “Send me your information” etc.
- A 3 step formula to help you regain control of your calls.
- 4 ways to beat nervousness and call reluctance.
This Friday, December 1st at 11:30 am EST.
Here’s what you’ll get;
(1) 90 minute webinar
Webinar Replay (In case you can’t make it or you’d just like to go back for more)
5 Email Templates
So if you’d like to bring your phone skills up a notch or three, click HERE to secure your spot!