The problem with most reps, is that they typically decide on what they’re going to say, as they are either reaching for the phone, or reaching for their keyboard.
And before you think I’m this judgmental ass, please know, that for years, I did the same thing too!
Please read on . . .
So even if the rep is brilliant in those instances (and most aren’t), that “touch” pales in comparison, to communication that was “mapped” and premeditated.
So what the heck is this “mapping our communication” thing?
When we map our communication, we do a few things . . .
1) We consider ALL the types of outreach available to us in our tool shed. Hint:There’s a whole world of “touches” besides phone and email.
2) We consider all the types of messages within the various forms of touches.Hint: Not every touch needs to reek of “I want to sell you something”.
3) We think a few moves at a time (I teach my clients to think 3 moves ahead). We also think about how much time will transpire between each move. Doing so, allows you to think out ways where each form of outreach supports another.
Example: I might leave you a message telling you to watch for a cool FedEx I have coming your way tomorrow. Inside that FedEx I could have a DVD with a really short video with me addressing you by name. At the end of that video, I tell you a specific day and time I’m going to attempt to reach you again.
That’s one of an infinite amount of possibilities with my mapping process.
The results my clients are seeing are off the charts! Why?
- Because the quality of their communication is better than that “seat of your pants” stuff they were doing prior.
- Their “courtship” with potential clients is more interesting because they aren’t saying the same tired message via the same form of outreach.
- They aren’t boring, predictable and positioning themselves as just another “me too” sales rep!
- They create a cadence that keeps them top of mind, without becoming a total pain in the ass.
- They’re enjoy their prospecting at a much higher level now since they can mix up their touches vs making 7,000 calls in a row. When they enjoy it, and they see the results, they stop avoiding the hunting portion of their job.
I would expect you would too, no?
There are all types of ways you can use my process of mapping and there’s really a lot more to it.
I’ll be sharing 30 ideas to bring YOUR Prospecting Cadence to the next level during our How To Get Your Dream Client’s Attention webinar on June 28th!
Here’s what I’m going to share;
- How To Dramatically Increase The Odds Of Having A Decision Maker Take Your Call (Did You Ever Wish There Was A Way You Could Get Someone To Actually Pick Up The Phone? Here You Go!)
- How A Decision Maker Reads An Email and The 5 Email Tactics Your Peers Are Leveraging To Stand Out.
- 2 Email Subject Lines That Lead To More Opens and Responses.
- 1 Simple Phrase That Will Capture A Decision Maker’s Attention.
- 3 Ways Your Peers Are Leveraging “Seasonal Messaging” To Set Themselves Apart.
- 15 Ways Your Peers Are Using Creativity To Get In The Door (I’ll Be Sending A Really Cool Bonus PDF After The Webinar)
- 4 Things You Can Do Via Your Social Network To Get Your Dream Client’s Attention (That Pretty Much NO ONE Is Doing!)
- How To Create A Prospecting Cadence That Helps You Stand Out WITHOUT Becoming A Pain In The Ass!
Thursday, June 28th, at 11:30 am EST.
What Do You Get?
(1) 90 Minute Webinar
PDF With 15+ Ways To Use Creativity To Capture Your Dream Client’s Attention
I saved the best for last . . .
Everyone who signs up by 5:00 pm EST TODAY (June 14th) will receive a special QUICK Start Pre-Recorded Webinar with over 25 creative ways to get your dream client’s attention!
Please click HERE to reserve your spot!