Sometimes, finding the time to prospect is a challenge and a half!
You have clients who need attention, fires to put out, administrative tasks, meetings etc.
How can you possibly find the time to hunt under those circumstances?
Here are a few things you can do to get and keep prospecting on your calendar;
Embrace A “10 Before 10” Mindset: Whether you do it daily, twice a week, etc, commit to making 10 calls before 10 am. If you do this daily, you’ll have 2500 calls under your belt by this time next year.
Think In 25 Minute Increments: The “Pomodoro Technique” is a really cool approach where we set a timer for 25 minutes and focus on one task. The key to kicking ass with this technique, is to only focus on the task at hand. So if you’re making calls, only make calls. Don’t check email, don’t check your phone, don’t take inbound calls, no chit chatting with co-workers etc.
The other thing that makes this a powerful prospecting technique is that you’re more likely to prospect 25 minutes vs trying to find the time to prospect for a few hours. You can still prospect for a few hours but, you’ll be doing it 25 minutes at a time which is much easier to do.
Leverage The Power Of “2,2,2”: Every morning, while you’re having that first cup of coffee, send out 2 emails to 2 people you’d like to do business with. Once you do that, send out 2 pieces of snail mail, to 2 people you’d like to do business with. Later that day, call 2 people you’d like to do business with. Do this daily and you have attempted to reach 6 people. Weekly, 30. Yearly, 1500.
As a bonus, you’ll work your prospecting muscles daily!
The key to getting and keeping prospecting on your calendar is to respect it like you would an appointment with a client.
Would you blow off an appointment with a client? Why does everyone else get that level of respect while you break appointments for yourself?
Maybe it’s time to change that type of thinking?
Were These Tips Helpful?
Then by all means, come join us this Friday, December 1st, for our Cold Calls That ROCK webinar!
Here’s what I’m going to share . . .
- How to research a potential client WITHOUT becoming a full time research analyst.
- 2 ways to get WARM Introductions.
- 5 Email Templates That WARM up a cold call.
- How to craft an objection resistant dialogue that gets their attention in the first 10 seconds.
- How to proactively prevent skepticism, doubt, resistance and, I might as well say it; OBJECTIONS!
- How to respond to typical objections like “Not interested/No need” “Have a supplier/Under contract” “Too busy”.
- How to respond to typical stalls, like “Call me back next month, next year, after the holidays, next millennium etc” “Send me your information” etc.
- A 3 step formula to help you regain control of your calls.
- 4 ways to beat nervousness and call reluctance.
December 1st at 11:30 am EST and don’t worry if you can’t make it that day. Sign up anyway and I’ll send you the webinar replay and all the goodies listed below!
Here’s what you’ll get;
(1) 90 minute webinar
Webinar Replay (In case you can’t make it or you’d just like to go back for more)
5 Email Templates
So if you’d like to bring your phone skills up a notch or three, click HERE to secure your spot!