Unless you’re a complete sales rock star, you’re going to be sending a potential client several emails, BEFORE they even know who you are, let alone grant you an appointment.
The problem with the vast majority of sales emails is that they are just that;
So if we all agree that you’re going to be sending several emails, over time, how do we keep the recipient interested?
Before I share what I do, I’m going to suggest that you ask yourself the following question;
How do I send my potential clients emails that are relevant, helpful, and valuable?
Ponder that one, write down any ideas that come to mind (judge your answers later).
Then, go to your sales team (in your next team meeting) and ask it in a group setting.
Have everyone write their answers in silence, and then have each person (or a cross section of the team) share what they came up with.
Some things that I do to send a more relevant email
I fire myself (and rehire myself as the stakeholders of my solution). Then;
I ask myself, “What things would I find challenging in that role?”
“What things would irritate me and keep me up at night?”
“What would frighten me or have me embracing a risk averse mindset?”
“What would I need to know in order to determine if a change is necessary?”
“What would I need to know in evaluating solutions and selecting the BEST one?”
“What would I need to know at every phase of the customer journey?”
“What questions would I have?”
What questions should I have that the average person in that role never thinks of asking?”
Then I send emails (and create other content) that answers those questions!
There’s a bit more to it than this but would you agree that sending along emails that address those questions would be more welcomed than emails that ALWAYS reek of;
I’d like to set an appointment with you so I can sell you something!
You see, when you continually send emails like that;
You condition the recipient NOT to open future emails from you!
And don’t get me wrong, you absolutely NEED to remind people that you AREN’T A NOT FOR PROFIT sharing sh*t out of the goodness of your heart but;
Why not create a more interesting courtship and establish your authority instead of sounding like all the other emails they get from sales reps?
Starting tomorrow, I’ll be taking a much deeper dive on this topic and will be sharing mucho tactics (and 50 sales email templates)
It all takes place during our 50 Emails (and templates) To ROCK Your Sales mini-course!
The first session is delivered live on August 9th (TOMORROW) and the second session is prerecorded so you can go at your own pace.
Have you signed up yet?
Better do it TODAY, otherwise . . .
You’re about to miss;
- 3 Ways To Build Your Own Email List (And Actually Have The Recipient Request To Be On It)
- The One Type Of Email Most Reps Never Even Think Of Sending (That Costs Them Business)
- How To Get Your Email Opened (Without Being Sleazy) Note: 79% of sales emails aren’t even opened.
- Three Powerful Ways To Make Your Email Extremely Relevant To The Recipient.
- How To Use “Speed Bumps” To Capture Someone’s Attention Within The Email.
- 10 Emails (With Templates) That I Personally Use To Build Rapport, Credibility, and Demonstrate Expertise.
- 2 Call To Actions That Result In More (Get This) ACTION From The Recipient
- How To Create Mini Email Campaigns WITHOUT Having To Trade Places With The Marketing Department
- How To Vary The “Flavor” Of Your Emails (40 Examples and Templates Will Be Shared In Session II)
- 8 Types Of Emails That Convince (With Templates)
- The Follow Up Email You’ve Been Forgetting To Send
- The “Promise” Technique and Why It Works With Prospects and Clients.
- The Visual Technique Your Peers Are Using To Humanize Their Emails (It’s Not What You’re Thinking)
- A 3 Step Technique That Effortlessly Combines LinkedIn, Snail Mail, and Email.
- The One Email That Seriously Expedites Referrals. Yep, I’ll Send You The Template Too!
- The 4 Types Of “Value” Emails (With Templates).
What Do You Get?
(2) 90 minute training sessions with actionable tips and tactics. No fluff in my programs!
Webinar Replay (Attend Live, View The Replay, I Won’t Tell Anyone)
50 Email Templates
Email Access To Me So You Can Send Me Your Emails For Review, Bounce A Webinar Related Idea Around, Etc
“I took Paul’s email course and the value is unsurpassed. Well worth the investment.”
Jim Lesko, President, Lesko Industries Inc
Please click HERE to join us but you had better do it ASAP because registration ends tomorrow!