People who work with me love to tease me about an expression I have when things are going well.
When things are going well for me or the companies I work with I always tell them that, that’s the precise moment when I get “suspicious and superstitious”
I become suspicious that we are missing something because we are experiencing that winning adrenaline rush and I get superstitious that we are only one left hook away from kissing the mat!
With that concept in mind . . .
The last few months on my website have been incredible!
Last month I increased my visitors by 16,000, I grew my subscribers by 1,000 and something interesting happened with requests for my services. The 2 months prior to my announcement of my Sales Training & Coaching business I was averaging 7-8 inquiries per week and now its well over 15.
This is when I get nervous, because its when we can get real sloppy. So if you don’t mind, I thought I’d share what I’m doing to change things up!
1) I changed my comment system to Disqus. My old comment system sucked. Whenever I would respond to someone’s comment, they would have no idea that I responded unless they came back to the blog post to check. As a result, I became lazy with my acknowledgments and we all missed out on the opportunity to have an actual discussion. Lesson learned . . . I screwed that one up gang!
2) I Redid the titles of all my website pages with new titles and new content within each one. I decided to have fun and lose the boring “About Paul” BS and replace it with “Who is this dude”. I added a “Hire Paul” tab and found it a tad too dull so I changed it to “Hire this Jedi”. Research has shown that people like to hire Jedis so what the heck. I even put an animated rock star in one of the tabs.
3) I decided to include a call to action at the end of each post and more importantly, I change it out every few days to train your eye to continue to check it.
Paul Castain is the Vice President of Jedi Mastery for Castain Training Systems where he works with organizations and individuals to achieve higher levels of performance. For more information on how Paul can help you and your companyclick here dude.
Paul Castain works with organizations and individuals to achieve higher levels of performance. He is so good that he was granted permission to talk about himself in the 3rd person. For more information on how Paul can help you and your company click here dude.
or how about this version where I include a pic of the 4 year old “Uncle Paul” shortly after closing my first multi million dollar deal 🙂
Paul Castain is a bad ass who works with organizations and individuals who wish to achieve higher levels of badassery. He is so good that he no longer poses topless for his bio pictures. For more information on how Paul can help you and your company click here dude.
4) Content: I’ve arranged for more guest posts on my blog as well as some interviews in the weeks ahead. It’s a great way to keep things fresh and expand the Sales Playbook community.
5) I put up an I-Tunes Icon on the right for easy access to my podcasts.
6) I launched Paul Castain’s Resources For Rock Stars which is an Amazon affiliate site and put up an affiliate link for audible.com. I didn’t put them up thinking I would get rich from them. I put them up so potential advertisers might consider Sales Playbook a contender for their advertising dollars.
7) I put up a Hire Paul button on the right side of my blog. The way we did it is both good and bad. Its good because there’s an animated phone that catches the eye. Its bad because we had to use Flash to create it which isn’t I-Phone friendly.
So here’s the long winded point . . .
We have to change it up . . . especially when we find ourselves riding a wave of success.
We change it up for those who we consider our target audience and even . . .
So today you are invited to . . .
And change it up!
Paul Castain coaches individuals and trains organizations to achieve higher levels of performance. For more information on how Paul can help you or your team attain new levels of awesomeness click here.