Less and less decision makers answer their phone these days and before you get all indignant and tell me that voicemail is a waste of time;
Let me nip that sh*t right here and now and tell you that;
A voicemail that’s typical and boring is the one that’s a waste of time but;
How Do We Leave A BETTER, More Compelling Voicemail?
The way you leave a more compelling voicemail message is exactly the same way you deliver a more compelling message when you get someone “live” on the other end of the phone and . . .
It’s also the same way you craft a more compelling email message and write a better note that you send off in the mail . . .
Stop making the message about you and make it about them!
Most voicemails start off with something like “Hi Janet, it’s Hugh Jass with ABC Widgets. We create widgets that _____” Or “Hi Janet, it’s Bud Fox with Anacot Steel and we’re a full service _________”. Whatever the heck “full service” means is still a mystery to me.
Instead, you need to take that meticulous pre call planning you were supposed to do and intrigue them by referencing something relevant to THEM such as . . .
Expansion at their company
A new product launch
Changes in legislation
Hiring at their company
Your contact being new to the position or perhaps having just been promoted
A mutual contact
Things going on in their industry
Things going on in their local area
Something mentioned in a press release that’s relevant to them.
“I noticed that ____________”
When you leave a voicemail, use the phrase “I noticed that _________” to immediately capture their attention.
So instead of talking about a subject that for the most part, they don’t care about (you and your company), why don’t you lead with something about them and then;
Tie it in with a hint of how you might be able to help?
We all know that everyone’s favorite subject is them . . .
So if we know that, why don’t lead with that?
Would you like 7 voicemail templates?
Going to be sharing my newly revised voicemail templates as well as my cold calling template and 5 of my best cold email templates during my 50 Ways To Prospect Differently In The Fourth Quarter webinar.
Here’s what I’m going to share;
- 10 Places Where You Need To Start Looking For Business.
- How To Find Potential Clients With The Urgency To Buy NOW vs January.
- 10 Fourth Quarter Specific Messaging Tactics. Said Another Way “How To Leverage The Fourth Quarter Instead Of Being Challenged By It!”
- 3 LinkedIn Prospecting Tactics That Work Like A Charm.
- The 3 Snail Mail Tactics That Will Help You Stand Out Immediately!
- My Updated 4 Step Messaging Framework That Works With Emails, Cold Calls, Snail Mail, LinkedIn, Etc.
- How To Capture Your Dream Client’s Attention In The First Sentence Of Your Emails, Cold Calls and Voicemails.
- My 5 BEST Sales Email Templates.
- 10 Subject Lines That Capture The Recipient’s Attention.
- How To Create A Really Effective Phone Script WITHOUT Sounding Scripted. I’m Also Going To Send You The Template.
- 7 Voicemail Scripts (With Templates) That Will Help You Stand Out.
- A “Call To Action” That Actually Inspires ACTION!
- A Very Different Prospecting Cadence That Mixes Phone, Email, LinkedIn, Snail Mail, Etc.
Thursday, October 25th, at 11:30 am EST
What Do You Get?
(1) 90 Minute Webinar
5 Email Templates
1 Phone Template
7 Voicemail Templates
Please click HERE to reserve your spot.