I’ve never been a fan of “breakup” style emails, especially during the prospecting phase, and;
Especially during the fourth quarter!
They limit your options. Why would you close the door and cut off the ability to contact them again, like Q1 in 2022?
And then there’s this . . .
In many cases, you’re giving up too soon.
Case in point;
I received 3 cold emails over the course of 2 weeks recently. The third email was a “breakup” email.
So you’ve sent 3 emails and never once picked up a phone, tried to build a relationship on LinkedIn, sent a handwritten note, done something creative, and;
You’ve invested 2 whole weeks, so;
You throw in the towel? Lightweight!
I guess if you have a time sensitive offer, then it makes sense, but other than that, why wouldn’t you just let it cool off and then heat it up again in the future?
Your prospect has heard most of these way too many times before.
Like the old “Close the file” approach where you let them know that you’re considering “closing the file” since you haven’t heard back from them.
I think I speak for all decision makers out there when I say;
Who gives a sh*t if you “close my file”?
Are you going to shrink me and attempt to smother me in your file? In the words of the immortal McLovin “Good luck, you don’t have the steady hand or the technology to pull off a procedure like that!”
And if we’re being totally honest . . .
If you’re going to threaten me, tell me you’re going to cut off my cigars and bourbon supply, or that you’re going to tell everyone that I think it’s acceptable to have pineapple on a pizza (I don’t by the way).
One more thing;
You’re doing absolutely NOTHING to stand out when you use this approach.
And did I mention that “breakup” style emails limit your options?
So instead of a breakup;
Couldn’t you just take a break?
Here’s a plan that can help!
- The 3 BIGGEST fourth-quarter mistakes and how to avoid them!
- How to generate 30 additional phone appointments by year-end.
- The email tactic you must do right before Thanksgiving and again between Christmas and New Year’s.
- The absolute BEST sales activity you can do the day before a holiday week/weekend.
- How to get an additional 3 days of prospecting on your calendar (BEFORE year-end) WITHOUT working 1 extra minute!
- How to respond to the “Call me back after the holidays” stall.
- The one thing to be on the lookout for between now and year-end.
- How to protect yourself from getting beaten up on price.
Thursday, October 28th, from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm EST.
Can’t join us live?
Sign up anyway and I’ll send you the webinar replay.
Here’s What You’ll Get;
(1) 90 Minute Training Webinar
Webinar Replay If You Can’t Join Us Live Or You’d Like To Review Again
Personalized Feedback From Paul Castain Once You Hand In Your Assignment
Email Access To Paul Castain To Answer Any Webinar Related Questions After The Training Session