If you’re like me, you feel like there never seems to be enough hours in the day.
You know that you could always put in a longer day but you’d rather not, mostly because you actually have a life beyond your work life!
What’s an aspiring sales rock star to do?
First, you need to understand a study that has you and me written all over it!
It was conducted by a firm by the name of BASEX and they found that the average American loses 2.1 hours each day to interruptions.
Interruptions can be good or bad and include things like phone calls, people stopping by your cubicle, email
Time Out: It also includes things like checking your smart phone and did you know the average person checks their smart phone 150 times a day? Crazy, huh? Well, it’s also time consuming too!
The important thing to remember is that it’s not just the interruption that robs you of your time, it’s the loss of momentum you suffer when you have to get back into your groove.
How To Get 6 More Weeks Of Selling Time This Year
The first step is always awareness so let me ask you . . .
Does that 2.1 hours a day thing sound about right? More? Less? Do you even know?
Track your time for the next two weeks but with a relentless focus on . . .
How many times you are interrupted each day
What those interruptions are and how long they last
How long it takes you to get back into whatever it was that you’re doing
See if you can flag any recurring interruptions (people, things, scenarios)
The Second Step is to look at the interruptions you’ve identified. Whenever I do this exercise with my coaching clients, we usually discover that they are losing more than 2.1 hours a day to interruptions.
So whether you’re at 2 hours or 3 hours or whatever the magic number is . . .
Challenge yourself to find a way to liberate 1 hour a day back from “lost time” to one of your sales drivers (hunting new business, servicing accounts, growing existing business)
Let’s Do The Math Together
If you liberate 1 hour a day from lost time to “money activities” that’s
5 hours each week
20 hours each month or if you’re on the metric system, that’s a half a week each month.
240 hours each year or 6 weeks!
6 extra weeks each year with a relentless focus on
I’m thinking that unless you have a really crappy comp plan that would equate to more money in your pocket, no?
Could You Imagine Getting A Bonus Check?
Take a moment to think about how much you make each year.
Now think about getting a bonus check for 6 weeks worth of your pay.
Would you slide it back across the table and say “You cheap bastard, you obviously need the money more than me. Keep your stinking bonus check!”
You’d probably run right out of there and cash it before they changed their mind.
If that’s the case then don’t you dare dismiss this.
I don’t know about you, but I can always use an extra 6 weeks of selling time!
And with 2 kids in college, I’m not ashamed to admit that I can always find use for a 6 week bonus check!
Maybe The Cold Cold ISN’T Dead!
Maybe it’s the “Cold”Part!
On March 24th, I’ll be sharing 40 Ways To Warm Up Your Cold Calls specifically;
- How to leverage 4 missed opportunities via phone!
- 9 “Triggers” that can dramatically increase the probability securing of an appointment. Oh, and I’m going to show you how you can find those ‘triggers”!
- How you can research better than your competitors, without spending a dime and without spending all day researching instead of calling!
- How to create a much more compelling message that’s objection resistant and more likely to move them to the land of “Sure let’s set up an appointment”!
- 5 things you had better be doing with your LinkedIn network!
- How to create a “3 Touch Mini Campaign” that will help you to immediately stand out!
- 3 ways to avoid something your prospect immediately picks up on that kills your chances within seconds.
- 3 things you can do after the phone call to make your next “touch” a heck of a lot more productive
For details, and to reserve your spot, click HERE!