There’s a question that I’ve been asking participants in my training programs and it immediately changes the tone.
The room typically goes fairly silent, eye contact is usually broken and for about 30 seconds or so; it gets a tad awkward.
Before I tell you what the question is, I don’t think for one minute, that the question is brilliant or that I should immediately quit my day job to create “The question of the year” but . . .
For many of you, the question will stump you. And if it doesn’t, then either you’re already on top this or you’re one of those types who loves to flag stuff as “Sales 101” and meanwhile you’re not doing it.
As a precautionary measure, please ask your ego to go wait in the car before answering it.
Here goes . . .
Besides the phone and email, what else do you have in your toolbox (that you’re actually using) to reach out to (and even attract) potential clients?
If you’re like most people . . . you don’t have anything because you rely too much on the phone and email.
Time Out: Let’s clear the air about something. This is the part where you might have an urge to become indignant because you feel I just insulted the cold call. Nope! And you can rest assured that I’m not one of those dudes running around saying “the cold call is dead!”
I just think your calls (cold, warm, luke warm or “George Costanza shrinkage” type of cold) are really lonely and need some companionship from other ways of reaching out and attracting potential clients!
I will also tell you, straight up, that you’re limiting your results because not everyone responds to calls and email the way you do. Also, the news is out that your prospects don’t care what you “get” . . . they show up where THEY want to regardless of whether you get networking events, snail mail, creative things and yes, even calls and email!
There will be some who will respond better to snail mail, a FedEx or drop in
There will be some who will respond better via a social network
There will be some who will respond better to creative efforts
And YES there are those who prefer a phone call or email.
I could go on and on but the point is this . . .
You need to develop a well balanced “sales mix”!
Doing so will immediately help you stand out from your competitors who are (wait for it) . . . only using the phone and email.
I believe you will be heard. Why? Because if all you’re doing is calling and immediately following up with an email, you might be boring the heck out of your prospect. Perhaps you’ve become “The Thursday at 10:00 call” for them. Same message, same method of communication . . . different week.
Mixing it up keeps it interesting for them and quite selfishly . . . for you too!
I believe you can maximize your efforts because each touch, can now reinforce the touch before it or the very next one.
And don’t kid yourself, you’re absolutely, positively going to need a plan to make all of this work.
Not a complicated, elaborate plan . . .
A SIMPLE Plan To Grow Your Sales
That’s what we’re going to be talking about during our webinar on May 10th.
So here’s my challenge for you and it comes in the form of a few questions;
1) Ask yourself . . . “Aside from calling and emails, what else do I have in my ‘sales mix’?”
2) Then ask yourself . . . “What could I add to my ‘sales mix’?”
3) Then kick it up a notch by bringing this concept to your sales manager and your sales team. Teach it to them (there’s no better way to learn) and then harness the collective brainpower of your team. Unless you work with idiots and then you should just skip this step.
4) This is the hardest step and only for the brave aspiring sales rock stars . . . Get off your behind and do it!
5) And if you’d like help creating a plan that works best for you, click HERE and check this out!
What’s Your Plan To ROCK Your Sales?
And when was the last time you seriously considered adjusting it?
On May 10th, we’re going to be talking about A Simple Plan To Grow Your Sales.
I have over 25 ideas to help you, bring your results to the next level.
Here’s what you can expect during our time together . . .
- 10 Ways To Absolutely ROCK Your Selling Efforts
- The 3 Drivers Of Sales Success and The Secret To Working Them Regularly
- A Simple Routine To Help You Grow Your Sales
- 3 Automated Sales Tactics That Will Save You Time and Make You Money
- How To Add 16 More Selling Days WITHOUT Infringing Upon Your Personal Life
- How To Add 1500 More “Touches” To Your Prospecting Efforts (Even When You’re Crazy Busy)
- The 5 Obstacles To Building Your Business (and what you can do about it)
- A Simple Tactic To Free Up More Selling Time
- How To Blow Off Unnecessary Meetings WITHOUT Being Rude
- The One Thing That Can Make You More Productive Immediately
Registration is only open for a short period of time, so if you’d like to learn more, CLICK HERE.