I have two really simple rules when it comes to my prospecting time.
Once I Schedule It, I Treat It Like Any Other Appointment!
That means that barring an emergency, I absolutely WON’T break that appointment and;
In the rare instance that there’s an emergency, I reschedule the appointment with myself (to prospect) just like I would with a client, prospect, or vendor.
That’s how I’m still able to hunt for new business, even though Castain Training Systems is in its 11th year and I’m busier than ever!
Outbound Calls Only When I Prospect!
That means I don’t answer my phone and take inbound calls (We’ll talk about this in a second).
I don’t check email, in fact, I log out so no pop-ups will distract me.
I log off of my social networking sites, slack, and I won’t check text messages.
Why do I do this?
Because I know something about this crazy brain of mine.
Given the choice between cold calling and a nice safe activity (like checking email, taking an inbound call, etc) my subconscious will point me towards the safer road.
So I remove those things as possible “avoidance activities”.
Let’s go back to that crazy idea of NOT taking calls or checking emails during outbound calls.
You might be sh*tting a brick over that one.
I mean we’re supposed to drop everything we’re doing every time the phone rings and an email pop up invades our phone screen, right?
WRONG! That’s how you stay in “response mode” all day and get NOTHING accomplished!
Relax, here’s what I didn’t tell you;
I prospect in 25-minute call bursts with a 5-minute break at the end.
During that 5 minute break, I check voicemail and email.
I answer urgent messages immediately.
If someone chooses to get sh*tty with me for having to wait a whole 25 minutes;
They aren’t going to stay my client for long because I’m going to show them the door.
So far, no complaints, no one has been shown the door, and;
I’m able to get more done because I’m completely focused!
Give it a try!
One my thing . . .
I put together a resource to help you utilize a more thorough prospecting approach, close your opportunities quicker, and maximize account potential.
There are all sorts of cool extras like templates, bonus PDFs, etc.
And the best part is that it’s prerecorded so you can go at your own pace!
Have you downloaded it yet?
Here’s what the program looks like;
Session 1 How To REALLY Get A Decision Maker’s Attention
- The one phrase that will immediately set you apart from your competitors.
- How to dramatically increase the probability of a decision maker taking your call. Did you ever wish there was a way to get someone to actually pick up their phone? Here you go!
- 5 email tactics your peers are using to stand out.
- BONUS PDF: 10 email subject lines that lead to MORE opens and MORE responses.
- How to leverage “summer messaging” to stand out.
- 15 ways your peers are using creativity to get in the door. BONUS PDF with 20+ additional ways you can use creativity to capture a decision maker’s attention.
Session 2 Multi-Channel Prospecting.
- 4 LinkedIn tactics EVERY sales rep should leverage.
- 2 ways to create WARM Calls instead of cold calls.
- 2 referral sources you’ve completely neglected.
- 5 ways to use snail mail to set yourself apart.
- 2 email tactics that generate appointments.
- BONUS: 50 cold email templates.
- 5 ways to use a “reverse call to action” to create interest.
- How to devise a “3 touch mini campaign” and a multi-channel prospecting cadence.
Session 3 Maximizing Account Potential
- The one mistake that hurts your clients and your paycheck!
- A 3 step questioning technique that helps safeguard your accounts, generate more opportunities, testimonials, and referrals.
- How to get the inside track on new opportunities.
- How to get access to additional stakeholders WITHOUT offending your contact.
- How to expand to other locations, divisions, etc.
- How to add value via ideas, surprises, and resources.
- BONUS PDF: A stay in touch cadence to help you stay “top of mind” with your clients.
Session 4 Expediting Your Deals
- How to take immediate control of your deals WITHOUT being controlling or manipulative. BONUS PDF: How To Take Immediate Control Of Your Prospect Meetings.
- 8 ways to safeguard your deals and keep them moving forward.
- How to leverage the “theme and variation” tactic.
- How to preempt and respond to obstacles, stalls, and objections.
- 3 tactics to use if you feel you’ve been “ghosted”.
- BONUS PDF: 100 sample questions to ask your prospects.
You’ll get immediate access. View at your leisure.
Your computer screen.
(4) 60 minute pre-recorded sessions with over 75 actionable tips
50 email Templates
5 Bonus PDFs
(4) Assignments and individualized feedback from Paul Castain
Access to secret resource page with additional PDFs, articles, etc.
Email access to Paul Castain to answer any questions related to the course material