There was this EPIC scene in Apocalypse Now where the First Air Cavalry went into battle.
One of the gun ships blasted “Ride Of The Valkyries” by Wagner.
The purpose of blasting that song was purely psychological;
To pump up the troops going into battle and;
To mind f*ck the hell out of their enemy!
Believe it or not, I’ve had similar experiences (minus the mind f*cking part).
My team and I road into Southern New Jersey blasting Kid Rock’s Bawitdaba.
We were one of the final two companies selected to compete for a chain of Hilton Hotels and that was our “attack song”.
It changed our emotional state and brought our energy (and adrenaline) levels off the charts.
To this day, I listen to that song before speaking at a sales kick-off or even when I’m about to prospect.
One of my friends shared with me that his wrestling team always listened to AC/DC’s Hell’s Bells before a match.
Now that I got the testosterone flowing, let me tell you about one where you might accuse me of being a bit of a wuss.
Back in 1992, I was really trying to bring my income up so my wife and I could start our family.
At the time, Whitney Houston’s “I have nothing” was being played almost non-stop on the radio.
That was the song playing in the car when I left the meeting where I was told I landed DuPont.
To this day, when I hear that song, I don’t just think of landing that account, I think of the younger version of myself, refusing to let life tell me I couldn’t afford to start my family.
Music has a way of triggering those types of emotions and do you think those emotions serve us?
Damn right they do!
Time Out . . .
Music is used in commercials to help trigger your emotions.
When you go to a concert, they play kick ass music before the band takes the stage. Why? To trigger your emotions!
Been to a sports game lately? Ya think they might use music to trigger everyone’s emotions?
So I created a playlist of the songs that either bring me to points of my life where I kicked ass, or;
Songs that just make me feel like ripping bumpers off of cars!
I call that my “Unstoppable” playlist because that’s how I feel when I listen to it.
I also have comedy playlists for when I’m feeling a tad pissy or maybe a bit anxious.
I have new age and classical on a playlist that help me think, visualize, and trigger a meditative state.
I have (brace yourselves) a trance music playlist that I listen to when I write training programs for companies.
I have one that I listen to when I go camping.
It’s full of songs from Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, Eagles, etc.
Puts me immediately into the proper “I’m here to relax” state.
Here’s the thing . . .
This is one of several ways for you to access your peak performance states because;
Quite frankly, you and I CAN’T afford an “off” day when it comes to sales.
We’re going to be talking more about this and the practice of peak performance “rituals” during our ACCELERATE 2019 Webinar on Thursday, January 17th, at 11:30 am EST.
Right around the time when many of you are starting to abandon those action items you promised yourself you’d do in 2019!
Have you signed up yet?
Better hurry otherwise;
Here’s what you’re going to miss;
- Taking inventory of your strengths and weaknesses (You’ll use my evaluation form and receive personalized email feedback).
- Creating an ACTION plan to crush the sales goals you’ve set for 2018!
- The 3 drivers of sales success and the 5 obstacles that typically get in the way!
- How to access your peak performance states regularly and consistently!
- The “10 Things” exercise (You’ll receive personalized, email feedback).
- How to generate 75 additional phone appointments in the second half of 2018 (WITHOUT breaking a sweat)!
- Creating your own personal “War Room”.
- The one, non-negotiable thing that needs to be scheduled (besides prospecting).
- 50 ways to use a journal to guide your thoughts, ideas, and generate solutions. You’ll also receive a PDF with exercises.
- 5 Ways to maximize your time and your productivity!
- A simple thing you MUST do on your way to and from work each day!
January 17th, at 11:30 am EST.
IMPORTANT . . .
Can’t make it then? Sign up anyway to receive the webinar replay and all the goodies listed below!
What Do You Get?
(1) 90 Minute Webinar
(1) Self Evaluation (It’s informal and fun so don’t worry)
Email Feedback Once You Submit The Evaluation.
Email Feedback Once You Submit Your “10 Things Exercise)
PDF With 50 Journal Exercises
Email Support For 30 Days
Please click HERE to reserve your spot today!