Want to know how you can increase the probability of a decision maker taking your call?
First, let’s talk about what NOT to do.
- When you call and get voice mail, don’t hang up and immediately call back.
- If you like to hang up, and immediately call back, when you get voice mail, don’t hang up and repeat the process.
- Just in case you didn’t get the point of the first two suggestions, let me spell it out for you;
You’re irritating the sh*t out of someone and will probably succeed in not only getting them to pick up their phone, but get an immediate “Stop calling me” response.
So what CAN you do to get someone to pick up the phone???
You could intentionally call the wrong extension and say something like “Oh I’m sorry, I was actually trying to reach ________, could you transfer me?
Calls that are transferred look differently on many phone systems and you might get a knee jerk reaction in the form of them picking up the phone.
If you’re ballsy, you could go back to the switchboard, ask someone to page that person. Not one of my favorite things to do but hey, maybe you could play that one off.
You could send them one of those pre paid cell phones with a note letting them know the day and time you’ll be calling. If you are going to use this approach, you’ll obviously want to reserve it for bigger, juicier accounts.
Send A “Potato Chip” Email!
You know the deal with potato chips;
You can’t eat just one and that’s why you need to use them in an email (prior to a call to a potential client).
Ways to present a “potato chip”;
Hint at a result and offer to share how they can achieve it, if they take your call, and then tell them the date and time you’ll be calling.
Offer some important info that you will share, if they take your call, and then tell them the date and time you’ll be calling.
An important resource that you will share, if they take your call, and then tell them the date and time you’ll be calling.
Anything to make them hungry but;
A) Obviously, don’t bullsh*t them.
B) Use your pre call planning research to make the email specific to THEM. Example: “I have a few ideas that might underscore your new green initiative, product launch, expansion, etc”
C) Use my “Reverse Call To Action” technique.
The reverse call to action is when you tell them the action YOU are going to take, instead of asking THEM to do something.
Example: “I’m going to call you, Thursday morning, at 9:30 am”
There’s more to this, but for now, this can and WILL heat up your cold call.
Because you’re intriguing them with something useful and relevant while holding out on delivering it until they take your call.
The brain loves a good mystery and has a need to connect ALL of the dots.
You’re also leveraging “FOMO” (Fear Of Missing Out).
Use that to your advantage with a “potato chip” email and follow up call.
We take a much deeper dive into this in our downloadable Prospecting Workshop.
Have you had a look at it yet?
It combines cold calling, email, and LinkedIn to help you get in front of MORE opportunities.
It includes suggested call and voicemail scripts, email templates, and a LinkedIn communication plan that also includes templates.
Here’s what I have planned for you;
Session 1 Cold Calling
- 30 ways to find potential clients who have a higher probability of needing what you sell TODAY.
- How to research quickly and efficiently so it doesn’t become your life’s work.
- 33 ways to approach a potential client.
- Creating a prospecting cadence that maximizes exposure while limiting something experts refer to as “Becoming a pain in the ass”.
Session 2 Cold Calling
- How to craft an objection resistant dialogue that gets their attention from “Hello”. I’m also going to send you a template you can IMMEDIATELY apply.
- How to proactively prevent skepticism, doubt, resistance and I might as well say it, OBJECTIONS!
- A 3 step formula for responding to 95% of the objections you get on a regular basis.
- A simple formula to generate, at least, 3 new phone appointments, each week!
- 4 types of voice mails that will capture the recipient’s attention. I’m also going to send you the templates.
Session 3 Email
- 4 ways to get email addresses WITHOUT spending a dime on email lists.
- 50 different types of emails that I’m personally using to get results for my business. Oh, and I’m also going to send you the templates!
- 12 subject line mistakes that you need to avoid. Keep making them and you’re hosed!
- 12 BETTER subject lines that get your email read.
- 12 ways to head off skepticism, doubt and objections.
- One EPIC mistake, just about every sales rep makes, in the first 3 sentences of an email.
- A really simple, 4 step messaging framework that gets results.
- 2 Psychological techniques that work like a charm!
- How to dramatically increase your response rate
Session 4 LinkedIn
- What to say and do, from the moment, you connect with someone. And I’m going to give you the exact templates that I’ve been using!
- How to position yourself apart from your competition.
- How to provide value WITHOUT conditioning a bunch of freeloaders who love to “friendzone” you!
- How to create a referral machine . . .Even with people who’ve never bought from you!
- How to IMMEDIATELY increase your phone appointments each week. Note: My coaching clients average 10 more appointments each week. Your mileage may vary.
- How to dramatically increase your response rates via LinkedIn.
- How to approach someone without coming across as salesy. How do you feel when this happens to you on LinkedIn?
- How to do this all on a tight schedule.
Go at your own pace!
Review each session in its entirety or break each session up into smaller increments. Binge watch them back to back. I won’t tell anyone!
Download it now. Work on the modules at your leisure.
Here’s What You’ll Get;
(4) 90 minute Pre-Recorded Sessions (with over 100 ACTIONABLE ideas to help improve your prospecting efforts!)
(4) Sets of Worksheets.
(1) Opening Statement Template
(1) Objection Buster PDF
(4) Voicemail Templates
(35) Cold Email Templates
(15) LinkedIn Templates
(1) Bonus E-Book
Access To Secret Resource Page With Bonus Content, PDFs, Etc.
What’s The Investment?