“Paul, you need to learn how things are really done here!”
That’s what my Operations Manager said to me when he noticed my sales were just barely creeping along.
“Our cleaning teams have a 2 week training coming up and you should attend.”
He went on to explain how I could better explain carpet cleaning, waxing floors, office cleaning, etc, if;
I had actually done it.
Not only did it make a big difference for me;
It made a HUGE difference for the team of reps I eventually led because;
They understood what we did and how we did it;
BETTER than anyone else because they took the time to learn the other side of our business!
Selling Points Are Often Hidden Behind The Scenes
By spending time in various departments, you’ll not only deepen your understanding of the business;
You’ll find hidden gems that can be used as selling points!
How your company proactively embraces quality control.
How your company responds to service issues.
How teammates WOW clients.
How your company trains technicians, etc.
How your company approaches workflow.
Tours, Rotations, and Mini Rotations
One of the things I recommend to my clients is that they schedule a tour for all new sales reps.
Prior to that tour, they should contact the various department heads and ask them to prepare a brief 2-3 minute overview of what their team does.
By spending a few minutes in each department, they get an immediate sense of how things are done.
Consolidated Graphics (Now RR Donnelley) Used A Rotation Approach
Members of the Consolidated Graphics Leadership Development Program would spend a considerable amount of time in each department so that they understood the business inside and out!
Perhaps A Mini Rotation Approach Is Best During The Summer (Or Slow Periods)?
Instead of spending large chunks of time in each department, what if we spent a little time in each, but;
We do it with a mission of not only deepening our understanding;
We do it to flag additional selling points, and;
As a bonus, we can get to know our teammates?
“Special Guest Stars” – Sales Managers Take Note!
How about inviting different department heads into the sales meetings and having them do a super brief presentation?
They can spend a few minutes teaching the sales team, facilitating a brief Q & A, etc.
I offer this post as a summer tip because we normally DON’T have to slow down and learn, and;
This might be a good way to step back, deepen your understanding of the business and;
Get back out there and kick ass at a higher level!
Registration is about to end for our Virtual Sales Camp Program.
If you want to take advantage of the 75 tips, 50 templates, etc.
Better download it TODAY!
Here’s what you’re about to miss;
Session 1 How To REALLY Get A Decision Maker’s Attention
- The one phrase that will immediately set you apart from your competitors.
- How to dramatically increase the probability of a decision maker taking your call. Did you ever wish there was a way to get someone to actually pick up their phone? Here you go!
- 5 email tactics your peers are using to stand out.
- BONUS PDF: 10 email subject lines that lead to MORE opens and MORE responses.
- How to leverage “summer messaging” to stand out.
- 15 ways your peers are using creativity to get in the door. BONUS PDF with 20+ additional ways you can use creativity to capture a decision maker’s attention.
Session 2 Multi-Channel Prospecting.
- 4 LinkedIn tactics EVERY sales rep should leverage.
- 2 ways to create WARM Calls instead of cold calls.
- 2 referral sources you’ve completely neglected.
- 5 ways to use snail mail to set yourself apart.
- 2 email tactics that generate appointments.
- BONUS: 50 cold email templates.
- 5 ways to use a “reverse call to action” to create interest.
- How to devise a “3 touch mini campaign” and a multi-channel prospecting cadence.
Session 3 Maximizing Account Potential
- The one mistake that hurts your clients and your paycheck!
- A 3 step questioning technique that helps safeguard your accounts, generate more opportunities, testimonials, and referrals.
- How to get the inside track on new opportunities.
- How to get access to additional stakeholders WITHOUT offending your contact.
- How to expand to other locations, divisions, etc.
- How to add value via ideas, surprises, and resources.
- BONUS PDF: A stay in touch cadence to help you stay “top of mind” with your clients.
Session 4 Expediting Your Deals
- How to take immediate control of your deals WITHOUT being controlling or manipulative. BONUS PDF: How To Take Immediate Control Of Your Prospect Meetings.
- 8 ways to safeguard your deals and keep them moving forward.
- How to leverage the “theme and variation” tactic.
- How to preempt and respond to obstacles, stalls, and objections.
- 3 tactics to use if you feel you’ve been “ghosted”.
- BONUS PDF: 100 sample questions to ask your prospects.
Download it instantly and go at your own pace!
Your computer screen.
(4) 60 minute pre-recorded sessions with over 75 actionable tips
50 email Templates
5 Bonus PDFs
(4) Assignments and individualized feedback from Paul Castain
Access to secret resource page with additional PDFs, articles, etc
Email access to Paul Castain to answer any questions related to the course material