We’re living in a world with WAY too much noise!
Your email will be one of 121 emails (on average) the recipient will engage in per day.
So what do you do when you get a shitton of emails?
You do a really quick “at a glance” once over!
One of the first things the recipient will do is look at the length of the email. If it looks too lengthy, you’re either going to get deleted or tagged with a mental note to get back to it later.
Note: When you’re sending and receiving a ton of emails, you usually don’t circle back to the email you didn’t have time to read unless its from someone you actually give a sh*t about.
So how lengthy should your sales email be?
The folks over at Constant Contact did a study of approximately 2 million emails and they found that emails with 200 words or less had the highest click through rates. Hat tip to Hubspot for sharing this in a recent blog post.
Daniel Pink and Guy Kawasaki have an interest spin on this.
Both Daniel Pink and Guy Kawasaki have an interesting take on this one as they both are advocates of emails that are no longer than 3-5 sentences long.
Truth be told, 3-5 sentences for me, isn’t going to be practical EVERY time but;
I can certainly change up my messaging by offering 3-5 sentences every once in a while.
Keeping my emails 200 words or less seems more attainable.
What are your thoughts?
Please leave a comment and let me know!
Would you like 50 of my best sales email templates?
Join us for our 50 Emails To Help You ROCK Your Sales program on August 9th!
Here’s the deal;
Session I (August 9th at 11:30 am EST)
- 3 Ways To Build Your Own Email List (And Actually Have The Recipient Request To Be On It)
- The One Type Of Email Most Reps Never Even Think Of Sending (That Costs Them Business)
- How To Get Your Email Opened (Without Being Sleazy) Note: 79% of sales emails aren’t even opened.
- Three Powerful Ways To Make Your Email Extremely Relevant To The Recipient.
- How To Use “Speed Bumps” To Capture Someone’s Attention Within The Email.
- 10 Emails (With Templates) That I Personally Use To Build Rapport, Credibility, and Demonstrate Expertise.
- 2 Call To Actions That Result In More (Get This) ACTION From The Recipient
- How To Create Mini Email Campaigns WITHOUT Having To Trade Places With The Marketing Department
Session II (Prerecorded View It Whenever You’d Like)
- How To Vary The “Flavor” Of Your Emails (40 Examples and Templates Will Be Shared In Session II)
- 8 Types Of Emails That Convince (With Templates)
- The Follow Up Email You’ve Been Forgetting To Send
- The “Promise” Technique and Why It Works With Prospects and Clients.
- The Visual Technique Your Peers Are Using To Humanize Their Emails (It’s Not What You’re Thinking)
- A 3 Step Technique That Effortlessly Combines LinkedIn, Snail Mail, and Email.
- The One Email That Seriously Expedites Referrals. Yep, I’ll Send You The Template Too!
- The 4 Types Of “Value” Emails (With Templates).
How The Program Works;
Session I is delivered live (as opposed to dead which would be really creepy)
Session II is prerecorded and sent out a few days later along with 50 kick-ass email templates.
What Do You Get?
(2) 90 minute training sessions
Webinar Replay (Attend Live, View The Replay, I Won’t Tell Anyone)
50 Email Templates
Email Access To Me So You Can Send Me Your Emails For Review, Bounce A Webinar Related Idea Around, Etc
$249 (Way less than the commission you’ll make if you only generate one sale from this program!)
Please click HERE to secure your spot in this special mini course!