A few years back, I heard of a concept called“10 Before 10” and its simply a commitment of getting 10 calls in the bank, before 10 am each morning.
I love this idea for many reasons;
1) As sales professionals, we have to schedule time to hunt. We schedule appointments with clients, co workers, the “boss”, why wouldn’t we give our own efforts the same respect?
2) It keeps you from procrastinating and helps you get this in the bank bright and early.
3) Psychologically, sales reps need to feel like we are in control. By getting some of our calls in the bank, each morning before 10, I believe it restores the sense of control, before everything starts to hit the fan!
4) (And I could go on and on) It helps you build phone muscles because you are working them daily.
But what if we were to kick this idea up a notch?
What if we were to get others on our team to follow the same philosophy?
I’m thinking at a minimum you wouldn’t feel like the lone A Hole on the phone while the sound of crickets echo throughout the bull pen. The best part is that there are people in those cubicles which adds to that feeling like you are on display.
By getting others who commit to this idea, we create energy and momentum!
We create competition which in turn, adds to the energy and momentum!
We’re also getting into a really cool time management thing too because when we’re all on the phone, it becomes a deadly sin to interrupt each other with non money hours chatter.
Let’s kick it up another notch!
Perhaps you could take turns being the team leader for that calling session. As the leader your job is to offer a quick 5 minute pep rally before hitting the phones. And it doesn’t have to be typical “rah rah” nonsense either.
Perhaps you could share a tip that you found online
Perhaps you could all break up into pairs and “spar”. Don’t know what “sparring is? “Sparring” is when you throw objections at each other. Athletes and musicians warm up . . . perhaps you should too!
Warning this next one will probably get you in trouble with the HR folks but its just too fun to resist. Why not listen to 5 minutes of the “Jerky Boyz” making Prank calls. Or if you want to play it a bit more “HR Friendly” listen to some comedy. Its mighty hard to be uptight on the phone when you just finished peeing your pants!
How about acknowledging the wins (and adding to the energy) by having a bell that you ring every time you make an appointment.
How about a friendly competition each day? We used to do this when I was in the franchising business. The person with the fewest amount of appointments had to serve the coffee in the next pep rally. On a personal note, it gave me great joy to have my Sales Manager serve me coffee.
Speaking of Sales Managers: Leaders, you need to get into the trenches, grab a gun and get into the fight. Plan to make some of your calls from the cubicles with the team. They can be any kind of calls too, the important thing is that you support your troops and add to the energy! Psst: Kind of hard for the troops to push back when the boss is knee deep in the activity with them!
No “Wussin Out”
No inbound calls when you are making outbound calls. Way too easy to cling to things that are nice and comfy to keep us from facing the prospect.
No emails or administrative items with the exception of entering data from the call into your CRM .
Shut down your email. God forbid you see that little pop up and feel compelled to save the world instead of making the damn call!
Schedule your other activities around your “10 Before 10” If we are going to commit, then we aren’t going to look for convenient excuses.
Note to the cynic who might want to make a statement like “10 calls a day isn’t enough”
No one is saying this is your only effort! I’m saying its your first effort! Now put away that soapbox and check this out.
The truth of the matter is that we simply need to have a starting point. Most sales reps get caught up in servicing existing accounts and administrative limbo. To that end, these 10 calls represent 10 more calls than they would have made. Besides, I wouldn’t underestimate the power of 10 well researched phone calls.
Here it is by the numbers;
10 calls a day is 50 per week
200 per month
2400 per year.
Here’s the bottom line. “Hunting” needs to be scheduled. So whether you do this with a “10 before 10” mindset, or you find some other way to get this into a regular habit, don’t leave it to chance!
HERE’S HOW YOU MAKE THOSE 10 CALLS ROCK
I put together a special download to help!
I’ve included extras like a personal branding workbook, 35 cold email templates, suggested phone scripts and voicemail templates, a LinkedIn nurturing plan with 15 templates, and secret resource page with, you know, resources!
Here’s what I have planned for you;
Session 1 Cold Calling
- 30 ways to find potential clients who have a higher probability of needing what you sell TODAY.
- How to research quickly and efficiently so it doesn’t become your life’s work.
- 33 ways to approach a potential client.
- Creating a prospecting cadence that maximizes exposure while limiting something experts refer to as “Becoming a pain in the ass”.
Session 2 Cold Calling
- How to craft an objection resistant dialogue that gets their attention from “Hello”. I’m also going to send you a template you can IMMEDIATELY apply.
- How to proactively prevent skepticism, doubt, resistance and I might as well say it, OBJECTIONS!
- A 3 step formula for responding to 95% of the objections you get on a regular basis.
- A simple formula to generate, at least, 3 new phone appointments, each week!
- 4 types of voice mails that will capture the recipient’s attention. I’m also going to send you the templates.
Session 3 Email
- 4 ways to get email addresses WITHOUT spending a dime on email lists.
- 50 different types of emails that I’m personally using to get results for my business. Oh, and I’m also going to send you the templates!
- 12 subject line mistakes that you need to avoid. Keep making them and you’re hosed!
- 12 BETTER subject lines that get your email read.
- 12 ways to head off skepticism, doubt and objections.
- One EPIC mistake, just about every sales rep makes, in the first 3 sentences of an email.
- A really simple, 4 step messaging framework that gets results.
- 2 Psychological techniques that work like a charm!
- How to dramatically increase your response rate
Session 4 LinkedIn
- What to say and do, from the moment, you connect with someone. And I’m going to give you the exact templates that I’ve been using!
- How to position yourself apart from your competition.
- How to provide value WITHOUT conditioning a bunch of freeloaders who love to “friendzone” you!
- How to create a referral machine . . .Even with people who’ve never bought from you!
- How to IMMEDIATELY increase your phone appointments each week. Note: My coaching clients average 10 more appointments each week. Your mileage may vary.
- How to dramatically increase your response rates via LinkedIn.
- How to approach someone without coming across as salesy. How do you feel when this happens to you on LinkedIn?
- How to do this all on a tight schedule.
Go at your own pace!
Review each session in its entirety or break each session up into smaller increments. Binge watch them back to back. I won’t tell anyone!
Download it now. Work on the modules at your leisure.
Here’s What You’ll Get;
(4) 90 minute Pre-Recorded Sessions (with over 100 ACTIONABLE ideas to help improve your prospecting efforts!)
(4) Sets of Worksheets.
(1) Opening Statement Template
(1) Objection Buster PDF
(4) Voicemail Templates
(35) Cold Email Templates
(15) LinkedIn Templates
(1) Bonus E-Book
Access To Secret Resource Page With Bonus Content, PDFs, Etc.
What’s The Investment?