I’ll never forget the moment that I was completely sold on the value of having a STRONG network!
It was 2011 and I was about to launch Castain Training Systems.
I had no pipeline and 2 bank accounts that I knew, with a family of 5, wouldn’t last long!
And just to make things more interesting, I had medical bills from my wife’s bout with breast cancer, and a son who was a year out from heading off to college.
I needed to act quickly!
What I did is going to seem really simple and probably so simple, you’ll be tempted to dismiss it.
But here goes . . .
I had built my army, long before I needed them particularly on LinkedIn.
I took the time to speak with people in my network, every single week.
I’d make the phone call about THEM and I’d find out how I could help.
I played matchmaker and introduced people who needed to know each other.
I sent useful, no strings attached, resources along.
I did all this stuff, long before I launched my company!
Once I knew it was “Go Time”, I did 3 things over the span of 30 days.
1) I sent an email out to everyone in my network letting them know about my new business and how I could help them.
2) I asked them to pass it along to anyone they felt could benefit from my services.
Note: I helped them think of people by saying the following “Is there anyone you might know of that could benefit from these services such as your coworkers, your boss, perhaps someone in your LinkedIn network?”
3) I scheduled calls with everyone I had previously spoken with and told them of my new venture. I asked them for their help. Once again I asked if they knew anyone and gave them groups of people to help spark referrals.
And that was it!
No direct mail campaign
Zero marketing budget
No coming across as desperate or needy
Not one COLD CALL;
Just a lot of warm calls . . .
To an army of people I had taken the time to have a relationship with . . .
Long BEFORE I needed them!
The problem with many people on social networks is that they ignore their network until they’re unemployed or under the gun to make quota! I’ve always felt that to be rather shallow and extremely unproductive!
To this day, my new clients tell me that they feel like I’m an old friend . . .
I just smile and think about how nice it is to start a new business relationship with that vibe!
How To Generate MORE Opportunities From YOUR Network
I’m going to be sharing the communication plan I use with my network (and 10 templates) during our How To Leverage Your Online and Offline Network.
It all takes place Thursday, August 23rd, at 11:30 am EST.
Here’s what you’ll discover by joining us;
- How To Strike Up A Conversation With Anyone (Even If You’re An Introvert Like Me).
- 11 Networking Mistakes And How To Avoid Them.
- A Step by Step Communication Plan To Follow During and After A Networking Event.
- What To Say and Do From The Moment You Connect With Someone On LinkedIn.
- An Easy Way To Stay In Touch With Your Most Valuable Connections.
- How To Double and Triple Your Referrals and Warm Intros (Even If You’ve Never Done Business With Someone In Your Network).
- How To Stay Out Of The “Friend-Zone” and Transition Your Network Into Paid Clients.
- 10 Email Templates To Help You Stay “Top of Mind” With Your Network.
What do you get?
(1) 90 Minute Webinar
Webinar Replay (In case you can’t make it or you’d like to go back for seconds)
10 Email Templates
Please click HERE to reserve your spot.