I received an email that immediately grabbed my attention and then lost me;
Just as fast!
The email had a a subject line that was simply “Paul – Question for you” but;
The preview text (the text that gives us the first few characters) revealed that it was in fact a pitch.
Nothing wrong with a pitch but I was quickly able to see that it wasn’t something I wanted to pursue;
BEFORE I even opened the email!
Here’s an example of how I leverage the power of the preview text.
Notice how the first sentence cuts off at just the right time? Coincidence? I think not!
The brain LOVES a good mystery and has a need to resolve things. That’s why you use the preview text to entice the reader.
And that’s yet another reason why you should NEVER lead with something about you and your company!
How Many Characters Comprise The Preview Text?
It really depends on which email platform the recipient is using, if they’re viewing it on desktop or mobile device etc.
It can be anywhere from 35-140 characters.
My suggestion would be to plan for 140 characters so you’re covered across all bases.
We’re going to be talking more about how you can capture your dream client’s attention during our 50 Ways To ROCK Your Cold Calls, Emails, and Sales Messaging webinar!
And I’m also going to be sharing several (as in 10) templates to help you with your cold calls, voicemails and emails.
Here’s what I’m going to share;
- A 4 Step Messaging Framework That Works With Emails, Cold Calls, Snail Mail, LinkedIn, Etc
- How To Capture Your Dream Client’s Attention In The First Sentence Of Your Emails, Cold Calls and Voicemails
- My 5 BEST Sales Email Templates
- How To Create A Really Effective Phone Script WITHOUT Sounding Scripted. I’m Also Going To Send You The Template.
- How To Use “Potato Chips” In Your Messaging To Make The Recipient Hungry For More
- 12 Tactics That Reduce Doubt, Skepticism, and Objections
- How To Create A Very Different “Call To Action” In Your Emails, Cold Calls and Sales Messaging.
- 4 Voicemails (With Templates) That Will Help You Stand Out
- How To Create A Prospecting Cadence That Mixes Phone, Email, LinkedIn, Snail Mail, Etc.
April 19th at 11:30 am EST
What Do You Get?
(1) 90 Minute Webinar
Webinar Replay In Case You Can’t Join Us Live or You’d Like To Review Again
5 Email Templates
1 Phone Template
4 Voicemail Templates
Please click HERE to reserve your spot.