Whenever I chat with someone considering my one on one coaching program, I ask;
“Who’s holding you accountable? Not just for the results, not just for the ‘numbers’, but for all the action items you need to get to the numbers?”
Some tell me it’s their manager, but when I dig a little deeper, it usually turns out to be accountability for the numbers, the end result, and NOT the action items needed to get there!
Others have complete clarity in the reality that No One Is Holding Them Accountable, but;
I believe there’s a wrong answer to this question;
“I don’t need anyone to hold me accountable because I hold myself accountable!“
On the surface, this seems like an awesome answer, and it’s a wonderful “sound byte”, but;
You’re delusional if you think that YOU are the only one that should hold you accountable!
I think it’s important that we are driven from within and that we hold ourselves accountable more than anyone ever could, but;
Who’s going to be there to cry bullsh*t when you’re procrastinating and making ridiculous excuses? You? Do you really have that ability to do that or are you of the human variety that would give them self a pass?
When it comes to dealing with unpleasant things that you need to do to be successful in sales, are you going to push yourself to take the action, or are you going to give yourself a pass?
When you DON’T do the things you need to be doing, are you REALLY going to ask yourself “What happened last week? You said you were going to do A, B, and C and you only did A?”
Of course you won’t!
I want to be crystal clear about something;
You MUST hold yourself accountable but;
What’s your Plan B for when you give yourself a pass?
My guess is you don’t have a plan.
Little by little, we go off course.
The problem with “little by little” is that it usually doesn’t show up on the radar screen and yet;
In no time at all we can find our self totally off course!
Perhaps you and one of your teammates can become accountability partners?
How about a friend in sales?
And of course, a great sales coach has this built in to their program!
Castain’s Coaching Program
I am NOT your typical coach!
I work with my clients in a very different way than traditional coaches!
A traditional coach will ask you lots of questions, and lead you on a path of self-discovery – while providing you with very little of what experts refer to as “answers!”
By the time people reach out to me, they have lots of questions of their own and could sure use some answers. That’s why I created a very different coaching format.
Here’s what our time together would look like:
- We’ll start off with a quick update from you. I’ll want to know what you’ve been up to, what’s challenging you, opportunities you’re in front of etc so we can brainstorm.
- Next, we’re going to have some accountability by reviewing the action items from our last session.
- We’ll then dive right into either a sales lesson I’ve prepared for you or brainstorming a challenge or opportunity you’re facing.
- We’ll conclude the session with you telling me what you feel your action items should be. My job is to make sure you aren’t babying yourself while at the same time, aren’t working yourself into an early grave!
- Each session is approximately 45 minutes.
And YES, I coach sales leadership on everything from hiring sales rock stars, onboarding them, training them, coaching them, how to have killer sales team meetings, creating a performance culture etc!
- I’ll ask you to email me an update on your progress. You’ll receive feedback and additional email support. Our relationship will always extend beyond that time when the proverbial “meter is running.”
You’ll also receive occasional reinforcement emails, content etc from me.
What Makes Me Unique
For starters, I’m not one of these reps who sold for like 15 minutes and decided to get out and do something “safer,” I’ve been actively selling for 30+ years.
And I’m not someone who only cares about his paycheck turning the other way while you slack.
I recognize that no matter how great a training event might be, there needs to be a reinforcement component in order for training to ‘stick!’
In my program we work – and you’re going to sweat.
I take my job as your coach seriously and I insist you take your time with me seriously too.
Not ready to make that kind of commitment?
Then stop here and do some soul searching!
Ready to make that commitment?
Please read on!
When You Sign Up For Castain’s Coaching Program, You’ll Get:
- (12) 45-minute, one-on-one sessions via phone or Skype
- Email support during the 6-month program
- Reinforcement emails during the 6-month program