We all agree that getting the attention of a decision maker is no easy task, right?
So here are two things that you can EASILY DO on LinkedIn that will get you recognized as a badass!
And even if you don’t get recognized as a badass, at the very least, you’ll be recognized next time you try to reach out to your dream client!
THE #1 reason why you need to be on LinkedIn is that there AREN’T ANY GATEKEEPERS there!
Do This And You Stand Out From “Hello”
Send an actual (as in handwritten) “Thank you” note for accepting your invite.
Send that in addition to an email that you’ll just happen to time AFTER they’ve received your note.
At the end of the email, ask a question.
Questions, inspire responses, responses create dialogue, dialogue creates propinquity and propinquity generates sales!
Use The “Icebreakers” LinkedIn Gives You Differently Than Everyone Else
Everyday, LinkedIn gives you conversation starters.
They will tell you about those in your network who have new jobs, new roles, work anniversaries, birthdays.
You’ll find these conversation starters under the notifications tab.
Most people use LinkedIn’s sh*tty template for congratulating a connection but; you’re BETTER than that! So why don’t you do something NOBODY does;
Send a handwritten note via an ancient technology known as “snail mail”. Don’t feel like doing that? Shoot a 59 second video with your message and embed it into an email.
I’m guessing your connection isn’t going to say
“That’s lovely but please put it over there in the stack of all the other cards and embedded videos I’ve received from my LinkedIn network”
And that’s it!
Seriously, do those 2 things and you’ll be remembered, you’ll create dialog and;
I’m not sure that I see a downside to those things!
One more thing . . .
Come join us this Thursday for our How To Leverage Your Online/Offline Network where I’ll be sharing 25 more tactics and 10 templates!
Have you signed up yet?
Better do it TODAY or you might miss;
- How To Strike Up A Conversation With Anyone (Even If You’re An Introvert Like Me).
- 11 Networking Mistakes And How To Avoid Them.
- A Step by Step Communication Plan To Follow During and After A Networking Event.
- What To Say and Do From The Moment You Connect With Someone On LinkedIn.
- An Easy Way To Stay In Touch With Your Most Valuable Connections.
- How To Double and Triple Your Referrals and Warm Intros (Even If You’ve Never Done Business With Someone In Your Network).
- How To Stay Out Of The “Friend-Zone” and Transition Your Network Into Paid Clients.
- 10 Email Templates To Help You Stay “Top of Mind” With Your Network.
This Thursday, August 23rd, at 11:30 am EST.
Can’t make it this Thursday, August 23rd?
Sign up anyway and I’ll send you the webinar replay and all the goodies listed below!
What do you get?
(1) 90 Minute Webinar
Webinar Replay (In case you can’t make it or you’d like to go back for seconds)
10 Email Templates
Better hurry! Registration is about to end!