One of the best ways for you to stand out during the summer is to offer something valuable and “summer specific”;
Like an opportunity to network with other professionals;
While most of the networking groups, trade associations, etc, have shut down for the summer.
Here are two really simple ideas that will cost you nothing while making you an appreciated addition to any network!
Host A Small Networking Event At A Local Restaurant.
Right about now you’re probably thinking “But that costs money!” Actually, it doesn’t!
Many restaurants have rooms for private events that basically collect dust during the week and;
Many of them will offer it to you for FREE!
I’ve been getting these rooms with as little as 15-20 people because the restaurant owners know that people will be ordering drinks, etc on a weeknight that would normally be slow.
Host A Virtual Networking Event
I’ve been hosting these for years via my LinkedIn network.
Here’s how you do it:
1) Grab yourself a free conference call line on a service like http://freeconferencecall.com
2) Identify 4-5 people from your network. I don’t like more than that because it becomes less interactive and at times just really hard not to talk over each other.
3) Set aside a day and time where you’ll have 45 mins.
4) Consider a real simple agenda like:
10 mins of introductions
35 mins discussing a topic relevant to those attending.
What are your take aways if you try something like this?
1) You differentiate right off the bat. Not too many people doing these things.
2) You help introduce people who need to know each other. Matchmaking is always cool no matter how you slice it!
3) You and your participants will learn quite a few things as people share their ideas and resources.
4) You get a chance to change up your messaging. So instead of calling or emailing with the same message, you can reach out with an invite.
5) You get an audience with your potential client. People do business with people they know, like, and trust; here ya go!
6) You foster a spirit of “community”
7) You get to feel good about doing something good.
So there you have it;
2 “summer specific” networking tactics to help you stand out this summer!
And speaking of summer;
Have you downloaded our Virtual Summer Sales Camp Program yet?
If not, better hurry because registration ends soon!
Here’s what you’ll gain by downloading this resource;
Session 1 How To REALLY Get A Decision Maker’s Attention
- The one phrase that will immediately set you apart from your competitors.
- How to dramatically increase the probability of a decision maker taking your call. Did you ever wish there was a way to get someone to actually pick up their phone? Here you go!
- 5 email tactics your peers are using to stand out.
- BONUS PDF: 10 email subject lines that lead to MORE opens and MORE responses.
- How to leverage “summer messaging” to stand out.
- 15 ways your peers are using creativity to get in the door. BONUS PDF with 20+ additional ways you can use creativity to capture a decision maker’s attention.
Session 2 Multi-Channel Prospecting.
- 4 LinkedIn tactics EVERY sales rep should leverage.
- 2 ways to create WARM Calls instead of cold calls.
- 2 referral sources you’ve completely neglected.
- 5 ways to use snail mail to set yourself apart.
- 2 email tactics that generate appointments.
- BONUS: 50 cold email templates.
- 5 ways to use a “reverse call to action” to create interest.
- How to devise a “3 touch mini campaign” and a multi-channel prospecting cadence.
Session 3 Maximizing Account Potential
- The one mistake that hurts your clients and your paycheck!
- A 3 step questioning technique that helps safeguard your accounts, generate more opportunities, testimonials, and referrals.
- How to get the inside track on new opportunities.
- How to get access to additional stakeholders WITHOUT offending your contact.
- How to expand to other locations, divisions, etc.
- How to add value via ideas, surprises, and resources.
- BONUS PDF: A stay in touch cadence to help you stay “top of mind” with your clients.
Session 4 Expediting Your Deals
- How to take immediate control of your deals WITHOUT being controlling or manipulative. BONUS PDF: How To Take Immediate Control Of Your Prospect Meetings.
- 8 ways to safeguard your deals and keep them moving forward.
- How to leverage the “theme and variation” tactic.
- How to preempt and respond to obstacles, stalls, and objections.
- 3 tactics to use if you feel you’ve been “ghosted”.
- BONUS PDF: 100 sample questions to ask your prospects.
By the end of this program you’ll have tactics, templates, and a communication plan to;
- Get in front of MORE opportunities
- Bring MORE of those opportunities across the finish line.
- GROW the accounts you currently manage!
You’ll receive the entire course immediately, but by all means;
Go at your own pace!
Your computer screen.
(4) 60 minute pre-recorded sessions with over 75 actionable tips
50 email Templates
5 Bonus PDFs
(4) Assignments and individualized feedback from Paul Castain
Access to secret resource page with additional PDFs, articles, etc
Email access to Paul Castain to answer any course related questions
What’s The Investment?