There are certain times of year where people mentally check out!
We experience this at Christmas where people milk what should really be about a week, into a 6 week mental sabbatical.
We’re about to experience it again, (at least here in the US) starting right about now, and continuing right thru Labor Day.
Welcome to summertime!
For some sales reps, this is going to mean a 16% loss of their productivity (when they’ve already lost momentum due to Covid-19), but for others;
Its going to mean kicking a tremendous amount of ass!
Here are 3 ways for you to join that second group of people;
1) Reject All Myths About Summertime! Unless you ‘re truly in a seasonal business, you need to reject that whole “Buyers don’t want to take meetings over the summer” thing. And that means you need to come to the party prepared to NOT to accept the tendency of (some) buyers to use the summer as an excuse to stall.
Case In Point: When I sold print, I remember hearing from like every sales rep, that it was a waste of time to try and set appointments over the summer.
To make matters worse, the first few people I called, gave me that “Call me back after summer” stall.
Upon further reflection, I realized that needs don’t go on summer vacation, needs show up, regardless of the season.
I also realized that people were giving me that excuse, basically, because they could!
They had gone unchallenged by sales reps who basically didn’t have a compelling rebuttal for it.
So the “Call me back after summer” stall became a bit of an “auto-eject” to get sales people off their phone right quick.
So sales reps would basically throw their arms up in the air and give up.
Giving up is less painful, until you get your paycheck!
That brings us to . . .
2) Have 3 Compelling Responses To The “Call Me Back After Summer” Stall. In order to have 3 compelling responses, you need to think of (at least) 3 compelling reasons why a potential client would benefit from meeting with you NOW vs AFTER summertime. They really can’t be YOUR reasons, they must truly represent;
What’s In It For Them?
Once you do that, craft 3 rebuttals that contain a compelling reason to meet NOW.
With 3 responses it will never be a matter of “Can I respond to this” it will simply become “How shall I respond to this (from all these responses I’m prepared to utilize)
And having options does wonderful things for your confidence!
3) Have A Good Plan In Place To Keep Up Your Appearances. In what ways, will you “show up” this summer, while your competitors slack? Make sure you include a good mix of “touches” (in addition to) your phone efforts. Think email, snail mail, FedEx, drop ins (as more and more businesses open up), drop offs, social networking, creative approaches, “Summer Specific” approaches, content, events etc. I talk about how you can do that HERE.
All of this begins with YOU being better prepared going into the summer selling season.
One more thing . . .
It you’d like to sharpen your sales skills this summer, I highly recommend our Virtual Sales Camp Download!
Here’s what the program looks like;
Session 1 How To REALLY Get A Decision Maker’s Attention
- The one phrase that will immediately set you apart from your competitors.
- How to dramatically increase the probability of a decision maker taking your call. Did you ever wish there was a way to get someone to actually pick up their phone? Here you go!
- 5 email tactics your peers are using to stand out.
- BONUS PDF: 10 email subject lines that lead to MORE opens and MORE responses.
- How to leverage “summer messaging” to stand out.
- 15 ways your peers are using creativity to get in the door. BONUS PDF with 20+ additional ways you can use creativity to capture a decision maker’s attention.
Session 2 Multi-Channel Prospecting.
- 4 LinkedIn tactics EVERY sales rep should leverage.
- 2 ways to create WARM Calls instead of cold calls.
- 2 referral sources you’ve completely neglected.
- 5 ways to use snail mail to set yourself apart.
- 2 email tactics that generate appointments.
- BONUS: 50 cold email templates.
- 5 ways to use a “reverse call to action” to create interest.
- How to devise a “3 touch mini campaign” and a multi-channel prospecting cadence.
Session 3 Maximizing Account Potential
- The one mistake that hurts your clients and your paycheck!
- A 3 step questioning technique that helps safeguard your accounts, generate more opportunities, testimonials, and referrals.
- How to get the inside track on new opportunities.
- How to get access to additional stakeholders WITHOUT offending your contact.
- How to expand to other locations, divisions, etc.
- How to add value via ideas, surprises, and resources.
- BONUS PDF: A stay in touch cadence to help you stay “top of mind” with your clients.
Session 4 Expediting Your Deals
- How to take immediate control of your deals WITHOUT being controlling or manipulative. BONUS PDF: How To Take Immediate Control Of Your Prospect Meetings.
- 8 ways to safeguard your deals and keep them moving forward.
- How to leverage the “theme and variation” tactic.
- How to preempt and respond to obstacles, stalls, and objections.
- 3 tactics to use if you feel you’ve been “ghosted”.
- BONUS PDF: 100 sample questions to ask your prospects.
You’ll receive the entire course immediately, but by all means;
Go at your own pace!
Your computer screen.
(4) 60 minute pre-recorded sessions with over 75 actionable tips
50 email Templates
5 Bonus PDFs
(4) Assignments and individualized feedback from Paul Castain
Access to secret resource page with additional PDFs, articles, etc
Email access to Paul Castain to answer any questions related to the course material