The big question right now is this;
“What should my sales messaging look like during the pandemic?”
I mean, we want to kind.
We want to be sensitive.
We want to help!
So what can we say that’s appropriate and;
As a bonus, actually help us stand out during a time like this?
SEND A “RESOURCE EMAIL”!
A “resource email” is simply that;
A resource, NOT, a sales pitch!
Think about the things that might be helpful right now to your prospects and clients.
How about a resource about navigating the reopening phase?
How about a resource that addresses “doing more with less”?
Stretching a budget?
An article with tips on working from home, time management, being more productive?
Fun things they can do over the summer during Covid-19. For example, Walmarts throughout the US will be offering FREE drive-in movies shortly. Maybe a client or prospect would enjoy a night out with their family?
How about a resource on keeping your sanity during trying times?
Is there an app that might be helpful?
A podcast episode?
A calculator type resource?
A free webinar or virtual event?
When the pandemic first hit, I sent my LinkedIn connections a link to 300 FREE sales lessons as an alternative to Netflix.
How about some tips on employee morale, servicing clients, instilling confidence?
How about sharing a best practice you’ve noticed during the pandemic? Perhaps something your company has been doing? Something from your prospect’s industry.
Invite them to a helpful Facebook group.
How about ideas on how to generate revenue, increase profitability, improve efficiencies?
So here it is in a nutshell . . .
Step 1 Give thought to what might be helpful, right now! Ask your teammates to do the same.
Step 2 Search for things like articles, podcasts, apps, PDFs, free webinars, videos, e-Books, audiobooks, etc Variety is a good thing!
Think about things you can create or curate.
Sales Managers: Have a sales team meeting around this topic and create a Google Doc with everyone’s contributions.
Step 3 Send an email where the message is simply “I was thinking of you and thought this might help”.
By the way . . .
I’ve tested this approach for 10 years now and not only has it been well received;
It’s really appreciated right NOW!
Oh, and it’s created dialogue because recipients actually respond to helpful things!
Please share this blog post with your sales team!
Would you like the template for this?
This is one of 30+ templates I’m going to share during our 50 Ways To ROCK Your Cold Calls, Emails, and Sales Messaging webinar on August 27th.
Here’s what you’ll discover during this webinar;
- How To Automate Your Pre Call Planning Research WITHOUT Clogging Your Inbox With Google Alerts.
- A 4 Step Messaging Framework That Works With Emails, Cold Calls, Snail Mail, LinkedIn, Etc.
- How To Capture Your Dream Client’s Attention In The First Sentence Of Your Emails, Calls, and Snail Mail.
- The 3 Email Templates That Consistently Generate Appointments.
- 10 Subject Lines That Intrigue The Reader and Increase Your Open Rate.
- How To Create A BETTER Phone Script WITHOUT Sounding Scripted. I’m Also Going To Send You The Template.
- How To Use “Potato Chips” In Your Messaging To Make The Recipient Hungry For More. Alright, stop pressuring me, I’ll give you a template for this!
- The 2 Types Of “Pattern Interrupts” You Absolutely MUST Use! Oh, look what I found, a template to help you ROCK this tactic!
- How To Use “The Little Bighorn” Tactic To Generate New Opportunities. I’ll Even Throw In An Easy To Use Template. Don’t pretend like you didn’t know I was going to give you the template. We’re both adults here!
- 1 Simple Tactic That Creates “Internal Chatter” With Your Target Companies.
- 12 Ways To Convey A More Credible Message.
- 3 Things You Can Do On LinkedIn To IMMEDIATELY Stand Out With Decision Makers. I’ll Even Throw In 10 Of The Email Templates I’m Using On LinkedIn.
- How To Create A Very Different “Call To Action” Across Multiple Forms Of Messaging.
- 4 Voicemails (With Templates) That Will Help You Stand Out.
- How To Create A Prospecting Cadence That Mixes Multiple Forms Of Outreach.
When? What’s Included? How Much?
August 27th from 11:30 am – 12:30 pm EST and if you can’t join us live, sign up anyway because I’ll be sending the replay as well as all the cool extras listed below.
You’ll Also Get These Extras;
(1) 90 Minute Training Session With 50 Actionable Tips
(1) Cold Call Template
(4) Voicemail Templates
(10) LinkedIn Templates
(30) Email Templates (No, that’s not a typo. You’re getting my file with 30 email templates. You’re welcome).
PDF With My 10 Best Subject Lines
A Secret Resource Link With Bonus PDFs and Reinforcement Content
Email Access To Help You Wih Any Webinar Related Questions
I know, I should have given you more time to sell off a kidney and host a GoFundMe so you can raise that sort of cash but, anyway;