So there you are reviewing a proposal with a potential client and then;
They tell you your price is too high and that you need to lower it if you want their business!
This puts the focus on price, and focusing on price leads to “sales malpractice”.
Well for starters, you might miss an opportunity to ask a few more questions or miss opportunities to truly help your prospect.
Because now your focus goes to price and how you can trim it instead of;
Offering the best solution.
And besides, why should someone get a better price, just because they told you they want one?
How is that fair to your actual clients? (You know, the ones who’ve been there for you all along?)
So let me get this straight;
Somebody negotiates better or pisses and moans LOUDER, and that entitles them to BETTER pricing than your other clients?
Sometimes people tell you that you have to lower your price because;
When I say it’s because “they can” that isn’t some universal law or fact, it’s because;
Most of the sales reps who sat in front of them allowed it and/or;
Their gut is telling them that you’ll cave in as well!
So your very first step when someone tells you your price is too high is all caps CONFIDENCE!
Confidence that you DON’T have to change your price just because your prospect DOESN’T want to pay it!
There’s more to this and;
This obviously ISN’T a one step process;
I actually have several more steps for you that I’m going to be sharing during our How To Overcome Obstacles, Stalls, and Objections webinar next week.
Have you signed up yet?
Better hurry, otherwise here’s what you’re about to miss;
- The 3 BIGGEST fourth-quarter mistakes and how to avoid them!
- How to generate 30 additional phone appointments by year-end.
- The email tactic you must do right before Thanksgiving and again between Christmas and New Year’s.
- The absolute BEST sales activity you can do the day before a holiday week/weekend.
- How to get an additional 3 days of prospecting on your calendar (BEFORE year-end) WITHOUT working 1 extra minute!
- How to respond to the “Call me back after the holidays” stall.
- The one thing to be on the lookout for between now and year-end.
- How to protect yourself from getting beaten up on price.
Thursday, October 28th, from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm EST.
Can’t join us live?
Sign up anyway and I’ll send you the webinar replay.
Here’s What You’ll Get;
(1) 90 Minute Training Webinar
Webinar Replay If You Can’t Join Us Live Or You’d Like To Review Again
Personalized Feedback From Paul Castain Once You Hand In Your Assignment
Email Access To Paul Castain To Answer Any Webinar Related Questions After The Training Session