Did you know that according to BASEX we lose more than 25% (2.1 hours) of our work day to interruptions?
Said another way;
A productivity lose of 2.1 hours each day, = 68.25 days each year!
Yep! Holy sh*t!
Here are a few things you can do about it when you’re prospecting;
For Internal Interruptions;
Let everyone know, in advance, when you have calling blocks and that you will unavailable during those times unless its a dire emergency. Let them know, in advance, when you will be available.
Put up a sign that says “Calls in progress. Do Not Disturb.”
Be firm and respectful about reminding coworkers that you are making calls and will be available again at (insert time here). And yes, that includes your boss too.
If people continually disrespect your wishes, sit them down (after your prospecting time is completed) and have a discussion about how you both can work through this challenge a bit better.
Sales Managers: Part of your job is to remove speed bumps for your reps and this is a serious speed bump. Be prepared to intercede on your rep’s behalf.
Sales Managers: Consider putting “Power Hours” in place where everyone is on the phone during certain times and ABSOLUTELY NO INTERRUPTIONS Permitted! Enforce the policy!
Consider making your calls from an empty office or conference room.
Can you make your calls from home?
Some of you work in fairly quiet neighborhoods. Can you make your calls outside, maybe a nearby park?
Don’t take inbound calls when you’re prospecting.
Don’t check voicemails when you’re prospecting.
Don’t check emails when you’re prospecting.
Log out of your social networks or at the very least, don’t check message alerts.
Set a timer for 25 minutes and all you do is prospect while;
Allowing no interruptions.
At the end of the 25 minutes, check messages, return calls, etc.
I can’t imagine anyone getting sh*tty because they had to wait 25 whole minutes.
Rinse and repeat!
So there you have it;
Several ways you can prospect if you work in an environment with way too many interruptions.
What else can we add to the list?
Here’s How You Can Kick Your Prospecting Skills Up A Notch!
For the last few weeks I’ve offered a special download that can help.
Have you downloaded it yet?
It combines cold calling, email, and LinkedIn to help you get in front of MORE opportunities.
It includes suggested call and voicemail scripts, email templates, and a LinkedIn communication plan that also includes templates.
Here’s what you’ll gain by downloading this ASAP;
Session 1 Cold Calling
- 30 ways to find potential clients who have a higher probability of needing what you sell TODAY.
- How to research quickly and efficiently so it doesn’t become your life’s work.
- 33 ways to approach a potential client.
- Creating a prospecting cadence that maximizes exposure while limiting something experts refer to as “Becoming a pain in the ass”.
Session 2 Cold Calling
- How to craft an objection resistant dialogue that gets their attention from “Hello”. I’m also going to send you a template you can IMMEDIATELY apply.
- How to proactively prevent skepticism, doubt, resistance and I might as well say it, OBJECTIONS!
- A 3 step formula for responding to 95% of the objections you get on a regular basis.
- A simple formula to generate, at least, 3 new phone appointments, each week!
- 4 types of voice mails that will capture the recipient’s attention. I’m also going to send you the templates.
Session 3 Email
- 4 ways to get email addresses WITHOUT spending a dime on email lists.
- 50 different types of emails that I’m personally using to get results for my business. Oh, and I’m also going to send you the templates!
- 12 subject line mistakes that you need to avoid. Keep making them and you’re hosed!
- 12 BETTER subject lines that get your email read.
- 12 ways to head off skepticism, doubt and objections.
- One EPIC mistake, just about every sales rep makes, in the first 3 sentences of an email.
- A really simple, 4 step messaging framework that gets results.
- 2 Psychological techniques that work like a charm!
- How to dramatically increase your response rate
Session 4 LinkedIn
- What to say and do, from the moment, you connect with someone. And I’m going to give you the exact templates that I’ve been using!
- How to position yourself apart from your competition.
- How to provide value WITHOUT conditioning a bunch of freeloaders who love to “friendzone” you!
- How to create a referral machine . . .Even with people who’ve never bought from you!
- How to IMMEDIATELY increase your phone appointments each week. Note: My coaching clients average 10 more appointments each week. Your mileage may vary.
- How to dramatically increase your response rates via LinkedIn.
- How to approach someone without coming across as salesy. How do you feel when this happens to you on LinkedIn?
- How to do this all on a tight schedule.
Go at your own pace!
Review each session in its entirety or break each session up into smaller increments. Binge watch them back to back. I won’t tell anyone!
Download it now. Work on the modules at your leisure.
Here’s What You’ll Get;
(4) 90 minute Pre-Recorded Sessions (with over 100 ACTIONABLE ideas to help improve your prospecting efforts!)
(4) Sets of Worksheets.
(1) Opening Statement Template
(1) Objection Buster PDF
(4) Voicemail Templates
(35) Cold Email Templates
(15) LinkedIn Templates
(1) Bonus E-Book
Access To Secret Resource Page With Bonus Content, PDFs, Etc.
What’s The Investment?