Adobe surveyed 1,000 white collar workers to learn more about email habits, trends, and phrases that annoy the hell out of the recipient.
Here’s a list of the phrases ranked from most annoying to least annoying.
“Not sure if you saw my last email”
“Per my last email”
“Per our conversation”
“Any updates on this?”
“Sorry for the double email”
“As previously stated”
“Re-attaching for your convenience”
That’s what 1,000 people had to say according to Adobe but;
I would add a few to that list;
“We’re a full service”
“We’re a one source”
“We offer end to end”
“Wanted to give this email a bump to the top of your inbox” and then forwarding the same email that didn’t get you a response last time.
“Haven’t heard back from you, were you abducted by aliens?” This one is tired as sh*t and lost its appeal about a decade ago and yet people still use it.
“Just left you a voicemail” Really? Like a decision maker is incapable of knowing that? Nice way to annoy the f*ck out of someone two times within a few minutes.
Beginning an email with “My name is”. Last time I checked, there’s this cool feature called the “From” line on an email. There’s also this crazy thing called a signature line where your name also appears.
“Studies have shown that _________” What studies? Kind of sounds like you’re fabricating something to sound like a fact.
Any type of claim that you aren’t backing up with EVIDENCE.
Any subject line that you get sneaky and put an “RE” or an “FWD” in front of to give the illusion that you’ve interacted before.
I’m sure we could add a few more to the list.
Assignment: Ask some of the decision makers at your company (and your clients too) about the email phrases that get under their skin.
Make a note to self to avoid those phrases!
Would You Like To Send A BETTER Sales Email?
Join us for our 70 Ways To ROCK Your Cold Emails webinar this Thursday, December 20th, at 11:30 am EST.
Here’s what you’ll discover;
- 30 ways to find potential clients who are 400% more likely to buy NOW!
- 4 ways to get email addresses WITHOUT spending a dime on email lists.
- 50 different types of emails that I’m personally using to get results for my business. Oh, and I’m also going to send you the templates so you can begin using them immediately!
- 12 subject line mistakes that you need to avoid. Keep making them and you’re hosed!
- 12 BETTER subject lines that get your email read.
- 12 ways to head off skepticism, doubt and objections.
- One EPIC mistake, just about every sales rep makes, in the first 3 sentences of an email.
- A really simple, 4 step messaging framework that gets results.
- 2 Psychological techniques that work like a charm!
- How to dramatically increase your response rate
December 20th at 11:30 am EST.
IMPORTANT . . .
Happy to send the webinar replay and all the resources listed below to all who can’t join us live!
Here’s What You Get . . .
(1) 90 minute training session
Replay Of The Webinar (In case you can’t join us live (or even dead) or you’d like to review the training again)
50 Email Templates
Click HERE or the banner below to reserve your spot!