One of the most dangerous things you can do in sales, is letting the words or actions of a jerk, immobilize you!
Think about it;
There you are prospecting and someone decides to be an idiot when a simple “No thanks” would have sufficed.
You keep playing the scenario over and over again in your head or worse yet;
That one call overpowers the 10 good ones you had that day.
Perhaps you start to second guess the phone, LinkedIn, email, or whatever venue you were using at the time;
All because of one person’s need to feel a little taller;
by stepping on you!
My response is simple and if bad language offends you, please leave now.
When I encounter a jerk, I exit the dialogue as quickly (and professionally) as possible, because I simply will NOT court that type of client. Then I say “F*ck you” and move on.
And no, I don’t say that directly to the person, but I say it in an inner dialogue that goes something like this;
“F*ck you if you think your comment is going to stop me from trying to help other people”
“F*ck you if you think I’m going to let your comment shut me down and deny my family of a better life”
I found that killing people with kindness doesn’t work for me, so I exit the dialogue politely, have that quick little “f*ck you” pep talk and then;
I get back to doing my job!
It works for me because I get it out of my system, instead of feeling like someone who just got sucker punched!
Know your “Why’s”
I keep a collage picture frame on my desk with pictures of the things I’m working for, my “Why’s” if you will.
There’s a picture of my son Paul in his cap and gown that reminds me that I have two others that I need to get across that finish line.
There are the logos of the charities I support.
The trips I want to take my family on.
But here’s the most powerful picture.
This picture was taken back in 2006 on the first day of a 13 day dream vacation to Disney that included a cruise.
The thing is, I set that goal back when I lost my first business (in 1995), was $60,000 in debt and had both my cars repossessed.
It reminds me that;
If I could rise from the ashes after a devastating event, somebody better throw something more at me than a dumb comment if they plan on stopping me!
So shake it off, and get back in there, and don’t let anyone’s rude commentary stop you from being the rock star you’re destined to become!
Developing STRONGER Prospecting Chops
I put together a special download to help!
I’ve included extras like a personal branding workbook, 35 cold email templates, suggested phone scripts and voicemail templates, a LinkedIn nurturing plan with 15 templates, and secret resource page with, you know, resources!
Here’s what I have planned for you;
Session 1 Cold Calling
- 30 ways to find potential clients who have a higher probability of needing what you sell TODAY.
- How to research quickly and efficiently so it doesn’t become your life’s work.
- 33 ways to approach a potential client.
- Creating a prospecting cadence that maximizes exposure while limiting something experts refer to as “Becoming a pain in the ass”.
Session 2 Cold Calling
- How to craft an objection resistant dialogue that gets their attention from “Hello”. I’m also going to send you a template you can IMMEDIATELY apply.
- How to proactively prevent skepticism, doubt, resistance and I might as well say it, OBJECTIONS!
- A 3 step formula for responding to 95% of the objections you get on a regular basis.
- A simple formula to generate, at least, 3 new phone appointments, each week!
- 4 types of voice mails that will capture the recipient’s attention. I’m also going to send you the templates.
Session 3 Email
- 4 ways to get email addresses WITHOUT spending a dime on email lists.
- 50 different types of emails that I’m personally using to get results for my business. Oh, and I’m also going to send you the templates!
- 12 subject line mistakes that you need to avoid. Keep making them and you’re hosed!
- 12 BETTER subject lines that get your email read.
- 12 ways to head off skepticism, doubt and objections.
- One EPIC mistake, just about every sales rep makes, in the first 3 sentences of an email.
- A really simple, 4 step messaging framework that gets results.
- 2 Psychological techniques that work like a charm!
- How to dramatically increase your response rate
Session 4 LinkedIn
- What to say and do, from the moment, you connect with someone. And I’m going to give you the exact templates that I’ve been using!
- How to position yourself apart from your competition.
- How to provide value WITHOUT conditioning a bunch of freeloaders who love to “friendzone” you!
- How to create a referral machine . . .Even with people who’ve never bought from you!
- How to IMMEDIATELY increase your phone appointments each week. Note: My coaching clients average 10 more appointments each week. Your mileage may vary.
- How to dramatically increase your response rates via LinkedIn.
- How to approach someone without coming across as salesy. How do you feel when this happens to you on LinkedIn?
- How to do this all on a tight schedule.
Go at your own pace!
Review each session in its entirety or break each session up into smaller increments. Binge watch them back to back. I won’t tell anyone!
Download it now. Work on the modules at your leisure.
Here’s What You’ll Get;
(4) 90 minute Pre-Recorded Sessions (with over 100 ACTIONABLE ideas to help improve your prospecting efforts!)
(4) Sets of Worksheets.
(1) Opening Statement Template
(1) Objection Buster PDF
(4) Voicemail Templates
(35) Cold Email Templates
(15) LinkedIn Templates
(1) Bonus E-Book
Access To Secret Resource Page With Bonus Content, PDFs, Etc.
What’s The Investment?