My first suggestion is so important that you can pretty much take this advice and throw out the other 3 and still get amazing results.
It also comes with an all caps warning . . . THIS IS NON NEGOTIABLE!
1) Make A Decision Already And Stop Stalling!
Dr Piers Steel conducted a 10 year study on procrastination (I know what you’re thinking . . . he probably procrastinated for 9 ½ years so let’s just get that out in the open) and he found that at the core of procrastination is a fear that we can’t do the task in the first place.
So if you find yourself in a continual, “I’ll do it later” mindset, perhaps it’s time to stop stalling but not necessarily doing the old “Just Do It” thing either.
I think it’s better to decide what role (if any) outbound calls will contribute to your prospecting cadence. Decide, be at peace with your decision and get to work already.
The other way (perhaps the way you’re doing it now) puts you in limbo by clinging to lots of safe, avoidance type of activities; and that puts a whole lotta nothing in your pocket!
2) Tell Your Ego To Wait In The Car and go ask someone for help!
Is there someone on your team who’s getting the results you want? Perhaps you could observe and listen in?
Perhaps they could listen to you and offer some tips.
How about your manager? Could they offer some help? Have you asked them for help?
And of course you should seriously consider getting outside help too!
3) Support Your Ground Assault with other items from your prospecting cadence.
Think about a military campaign where ground forces go in.
They typically won’t do so without air and sea support. Calling should be no different so make sure you’re supporting your phone efforts with other efforts.
Note: Our Prospecting Course focuses on this! Click HERE to learn more!
4) Focus On Areas Where You Kick Ass!
Somewhere, in some ancient self improvement manuscript, we were all sold a bill of goods that we have to focus on areas where we suck.
I agree only partially but overall, I think it’s a dangerous philosophy because if I’m always focused on areas where I’m just not good, the areas where I kick ass suffer.
In other words;
Why the heck would I dedicate an inordinate amount of time to the phone if I bring home the proverbial bacon quicker and better through other forms of outreach?
Time Out: I’m not saying we should avoid opportunities for growth, I’m saying that we need to be realistic and NEVER hold strengths hostage while we focus too much energy on weaknesses. Are you holding your strengths hostage!
So there you have it folks; 4 things you can do if you suck at making cold calls.
Actually, here’s #5
I put together a special download to help!
I’ve included extras like a personal branding workbook, 35 cold email templates, suggested phone scripts and voicemail templates, a LinkedIn nurturing plan with 15 templates, and secret resource page with, you know, resources!
Here’s what I have planned for you;
Session 1 Cold Calling
- 30 ways to find potential clients who have a higher probability of needing what you sell TODAY.
- How to research quickly and efficiently so it doesn’t become your life’s work.
- 33 ways to approach a potential client.
- Creating a prospecting cadence that maximizes exposure while limiting something experts refer to as “Becoming a pain in the ass”.
Session 2 Cold Calling
- How to craft an objection resistant dialogue that gets their attention from “Hello”. I’m also going to send you a template you can IMMEDIATELY apply.
- How to proactively prevent skepticism, doubt, resistance and I might as well say it, OBJECTIONS!
- A 3 step formula for responding to 95% of the objections you get on a regular basis.
- A simple formula to generate, at least, 3 new phone appointments, each week!
- 4 types of voice mails that will capture the recipient’s attention. I’m also going to send you the templates.
Session 3 Email
- 4 ways to get email addresses WITHOUT spending a dime on email lists.
- 50 different types of emails that I’m personally using to get results for my business. Oh, and I’m also going to send you the templates!
- 12 subject line mistakes that you need to avoid. Keep making them and you’re hosed!
- 12 BETTER subject lines that get your email read.
- 12 ways to head off skepticism, doubt and objections.
- One EPIC mistake, just about every sales rep makes, in the first 3 sentences of an email.
- A really simple, 4 step messaging framework that gets results.
- 2 Psychological techniques that work like a charm!
- How to dramatically increase your response rate
Session 4 LinkedIn
- What to say and do, from the moment, you connect with someone. And I’m going to give you the exact templates that I’ve been using!
- How to position yourself apart from your competition.
- How to provide value WITHOUT conditioning a bunch of freeloaders who love to “friendzone” you!
- How to create a referral machine . . .Even with people who’ve never bought from you!
- How to IMMEDIATELY increase your phone appointments each week. Note: My coaching clients average 10 more appointments each week. Your mileage may vary.
- How to dramatically increase your response rates via LinkedIn.
- How to approach someone without coming across as salesy. How do you feel when this happens to you on LinkedIn?
- How to do this all on a tight schedule.
Go at your own pace!
Review each session in its entirety or break each session up into smaller increments. Binge watch them back to back. I won’t tell anyone!
Download it now. Work on the modules at your leisure.
Here’s What You’ll Get;
(4) 90 minute Pre-Recorded Sessions (with over 100 ACTIONABLE ideas to help improve your prospecting efforts!)
(4) Sets of Worksheets.
(1) Opening Statement Template
(1) Objection Buster PDF
(4) Voicemail Templates
(35) Cold Email Templates
(15) LinkedIn Templates
(1) Bonus E-Book
Access To Secret Resource Page With Bonus Content, PDFs, Etc.
What’s The Investment?