If you’re familiar with the “Acres Of Diamond”story, you know that there was this guy, who had to sell his farm, to pay off the debt he incurred while trying to find diamonds at various locations.
The sad part is that the person who bought the property discovered one of the largest diamond mines;
Right on the very property the other guy owned for years and years!
He had been sitting on a fortune and never knew it!
Sales has a tragic way of imitating this story, except its a bit of a double edged sword.
You obviously lose if you aren’t continually mining your existing accounts and;
The client loses because they never have the opportunity to embrace solutions from you that;
Might be better
Easier to Use
Backed by a better guarantee, warranty, better insurance.
Backed by a better team and;
Supported by someone who makes the entire experience worthwhile;
The problem is that many sales reps, embrace account development from two really bad extremes.
- Being way to bashful about educating their client. This can be anything from feeling uncomfortable about bringing up additional products and services to lacking the guts to ask the difficult questions and having the difficult conversations.
- Positioning them self as a pest!
- This is why you absolutely MUST have a premeditated communication plan for your accounts.
You need to stay in touch WITHOUT calling to “check in”
You need to continually educate your client WITHOUT giving them a vibe that you’re always trying to sell them.
You need to find different ways of educating them because quite frankly, some of the ways you’re embracing might not be resonating with them!
You need to utilize repetition throughout your communication process. Why? Because your client has the same sh*tty attention as the rest of the human race. Said another way;
YOUR CLIENT ISN’T SITTING AT THEIR DESK THINKING ABOUT WHAT ELSE THEY SHOULD BE BUYING FROM YOU!
My advice would be to schedule time regularly (after hours) to simply think about each of your clients.
It’s important to do this when there are no phones ringing or bosses interrupting you looking for those “TPS Reports”
Begin your “thinking time” session with a simple fill in the blank question that you can tweak as needed.
In what ways can I __________
You could ask yourself “In what ways can I grow the business at ABC Widgets?”
“In what ways can I show ABC Widgets the value in our X-1000 line?”
“In what ways can I educate ABC Widgets on our other products and services?”
“In what ways can I reduce risk, reduce hesitation etc in utilizing us for additional services?”
We could go on and on but I’m sure you get the idea.
Here’s another idea . . .
Download our Virtual Sales Camp Program.
We have an entire session dedicated to growing your accounts.
Here’s what the program looks like;
Session 1 How To REALLY Get A Decision Maker’s Attention
- The one phrase that will immediately set you apart from your competitors.
- How to dramatically increase the probability of a decision maker taking your call. Did you ever wish there was a way to get someone to actually pick up their phone? Here you go!
- 5 email tactics your peers are using to stand out.
- BONUS PDF: 10 email subject lines that lead to MORE opens and MORE responses.
- How to leverage “summer messaging” to stand out.
- 15 ways your peers are using creativity to get in the door. BONUS PDF with 20+ additional ways you can use creativity to capture a decision maker’s attention.
Session 2 Multi-Channel Prospecting.
- 4 LinkedIn tactics EVERY sales rep should leverage.
- 2 ways to create WARM Calls instead of cold calls.
- 2 referral sources you’ve completely neglected.
- 5 ways to use snail mail to set yourself apart.
- 2 email tactics that generate appointments.
- BONUS: 50 cold email templates.
- 5 ways to use a “reverse call to action” to create interest.
- How to devise a “3 touch mini campaign” and a multi-channel prospecting cadence.
Session 3 Maximizing Account Potential
- The one mistake that hurts your clients and your paycheck!
- A 3 step questioning technique that helps safeguard your accounts, generate more opportunities, testimonials, and referrals.
- How to get the inside track on new opportunities.
- How to get access to additional stakeholders WITHOUT offending your contact.
- How to expand to other locations, divisions, etc.
- How to add value via ideas, surprises, and resources.
- BONUS PDF: A stay in touch cadence to help you stay “top of mind” with your clients.
Session 4 Expediting Your Deals
- How to take immediate control of your deals WITHOUT being controlling or manipulative. BONUS PDF: How To Take Immediate Control Of Your Prospect Meetings.
- 8 ways to safeguard your deals and keep them moving forward.
- How to leverage the “theme and variation” tactic.
- How to preempt and respond to obstacles, stalls, and objections.
- 3 tactics to use if you feel you’ve been “ghosted”.
- BONUS PDF: 100 sample questions to ask your prospects.
You’ll receive the entire course on June 13th, but by all means;
Go at your own pace!
Your computer screen.
(4) 60 minute pre-recorded sessions with over 75 actionable tips
50 email Templates
5 Bonus PDFs
(4) Assignments and individualized feedback from Paul Castain
Access to secret resource page with additional PDFs, articles, etc
Email access to Paul Castain to answer any questions related to the course material
Sign up BEFORE June 6th and the investment is only $300. After June 6th, $375.
Please click HERE to get started.
Train your ENTIRE SALES TEAM on this program for $1200 and you’ll also receive a FREE 30 minute conference call for your sales team. Email Paul Castain email@example.com or call (631) 455-2455 for more details.
Please click HERE to join us for our 2019 virtual sales camp!