I received a voicemail from someone said “I’m interested in learning more about your training programs”.
I called back and was greeted with a sales pitch;
And a really bad one at that.
I said something along the lines of;
“I’m confused, you said you were interested in learning more about my training programs. Was that just a ploy to get me to call you back?”
Somewhat defensive, he said something like “Well I want to learn more about your training programs because we do work for other trainers and we can help you too”
Needless to say I didn’t buy from Skippy that day or any day since.
Here’s the scary part;
I’ve told that story to many sales reps and many of them have applauded and justified the behavior because;
“He got your attention in doing that.”
I could rip ass in church so loud that it cracks the guy’s back sitting next to me. That’ll get everyone’s attention too but;
It’s the wrong kind of attention.
Do you really think that when you engage in deceptive prospecting tactics, the other party is going to say;
“That was a damn good lie. You win. Here’s my business!”
When we lie to a “gatekeeper” and tell them the person is expecting your call or your returning their call or any variety of bullsh*t;
Do you think they’ll trust you after that?
Try getting your call through after someone outs you for being dishonest.
How about putting an “RE” or “FWD” in the subject line of an email so the recipient thinks your email is part of a thread?
How about telling someone you’ve spoken before when you haven’t?
The disturbing part of all this (and other tiny little lies that people tell in sales) is the justifying of the dishonesty.
A lie is still a lie;
Regardless of the size and magnitude of the lie.
According to a recent survey conducted by Hubspot;
Only 3% Consider Salespeople To Be Trustworthy
That means 97% basically think we’re full of sh*t and wouldn’t trust us as far as they could throw us!
Even sales reps don’t trust other sales reps.
On one hand, we, as a profession, need to do a better job in the honesty department and;
I blame (some of) this on Leadership either teaching reps to do this sh*t or turning a blind eye when these things are brought to their attention.
But at the end of the day, WE are the ones responsible for what we say and do, and how the world perceives us!
Whatever you say and do, repeatedly and consistently, over time becomes linked to YOU!
You know, like being deceptive and a liar vs honest and forthright.
For the last few weeks I’ve offered a special download that can help.
Have you downloaded it yet?
It combines cold calling, email, and LinkedIn to help you get in front of MORE opportunities.
It includes suggested call and voicemail scripts, email templates, and a LinkedIn communication plan that also includes templates.
Here’s what you’ll gain by downloading this ASAP;
Session 1 Cold Calling
- 30 ways to find potential clients who have a higher probability of needing what you sell TODAY.
- How to research quickly and efficiently so it doesn’t become your life’s work.
- 33 ways to approach a potential client.
- Creating a prospecting cadence that maximizes exposure while limiting something experts refer to as “Becoming a pain in the ass”.
Session 2 Cold Calling
- How to craft an objection resistant dialogue that gets their attention from “Hello”. I’m also going to send you a template you can IMMEDIATELY apply.
- How to proactively prevent skepticism, doubt, resistance and I might as well say it, OBJECTIONS!
- A 3 step formula for responding to 95% of the objections you get on a regular basis.
- A simple formula to generate, at least, 3 new phone appointments, each week!
- 4 types of voice mails that will capture the recipient’s attention. I’m also going to send you the templates.
Session 3 Email
- 4 ways to get email addresses WITHOUT spending a dime on email lists.
- 50 different types of emails that I’m personally using to get results for my business. Oh, and I’m also going to send you the templates!
- 12 subject line mistakes that you need to avoid. Keep making them and you’re hosed!
- 12 BETTER subject lines that get your email read.
- 12 ways to head off skepticism, doubt and objections.
- One EPIC mistake, just about every sales rep makes, in the first 3 sentences of an email.
- A really simple, 4 step messaging framework that gets results.
- 2 Psychological techniques that work like a charm!
- How to dramatically increase your response rate
Session 4 LinkedIn
- What to say and do, from the moment, you connect with someone. And I’m going to give you the exact templates that I’ve been using!
- How to position yourself apart from your competition.
- How to provide value WITHOUT conditioning a bunch of freeloaders who love to “friendzone” you!
- How to create a referral machine . . .Even with people who’ve never bought from you!
- How to IMMEDIATELY increase your phone appointments each week. Note: My coaching clients average 10 more appointments each week. Your mileage may vary.
- How to dramatically increase your response rates via LinkedIn.
- How to approach someone without coming across as salesy. How do you feel when this happens to you on LinkedIn?
- How to do this all on a tight schedule.
Go at your own pace!
Review each session in its entirety or break each session up into smaller increments. Binge watch them back to back. I won’t tell anyone!
Download it now. Work on the modules at your leisure.
Here’s What You’ll Get;
(4) 90 minute Pre-Recorded Sessions (with over 100 ACTIONABLE ideas to help improve your prospecting efforts!)
(4) Sets of Worksheets.
(1) Opening Statement Template
(1) Objection Buster PDF
(4) Voicemail Templates
(35) Cold Email Templates
(15) LinkedIn Templates
(1) Bonus E-Book
Access To Secret Resource Page With Bonus Content, PDFs, Etc.
What’s The Investment?
THIS PROGRAM IS ONLY AVAILABLE UNTIL AUGUST 30TH AT 5:00 PM EST!