One of the biggest things we need to be mindful of while prospecting is changing up our messaging.
One way to do it, is to use the “Promise Email, Call/Voicemail” tactic.
And its super easy to do!
Step 1: Send an email.
Use this phrase;
“I promise to call you on (day) at (time).”
Time out! Promises are really important and that carry a lot of weight (especially when it comes to sales reps).
We’re making a promise here for two reasons;
So we can begin to demonstrate our ability to keep promises and;
To leverage a pattern interrupt when we call.
Step 2 Call/Leave Voicemail
Make the call and if you get your potential client on the phone;
Use this phrase;
“I’m calling like I promised I would in the email I sent you on (date you sent the email).
Now the call shifts from a typical “cold call” to one where you are simply calling “as promised”.
This forces the recipient to go off script so it becomes awkward to fire back at you with typical sh*t like “Not interested”, “All set” etc.!
What about the voicemail part of the tactic?
If you get voicemail (and you should figure that most of your calls are going to wind up here);
Leave a message with a similar format to the one we’d use if we get them on the phone.
Hi Marcia, its Paul Castain from Castain Training Systems calling you like I promised I would in the email I sent you on July 8th” with the subject line “New Sales Reps”.
Some awesome things can happen right about now;
- You peeked their interest and get a call back.
- They go back and read an email that they’ve already forgotten about. This is particularly important if they were some valuable tidbits in your email.
- They call you back after reading the email.
- Even if you don’t get a call back you’re going to stand out because your message WASN’T typical.
We talk more about sales messaging in Sessions 1 and 2 of our Virtual Sales Camp Program.
Have you signed up yet?
Better hurry because registration ends soon!
Here’s what you’ll gain by downloading this resource;
Session 1 How To REALLY Get A Decision Maker’s Attention
- The one phrase that will immediately set you apart from your competitors.
- How to dramatically increase the probability of a decision maker taking your call. Did you ever wish there was a way to get someone to actually pick up their phone? Here you go!
- 5 email tactics your peers are using to stand out.
- BONUS PDF: 10 email subject lines that lead to MORE opens and MORE responses.
- How to leverage “summer messaging” to stand out.
- 15 ways your peers are using creativity to get in the door. BONUS PDF with 20+ additional ways you can use creativity to capture a decision maker’s attention.
Session 2 Multi-Channel Prospecting.
- 4 LinkedIn tactics EVERY sales rep should leverage.
- 2 ways to create WARM Calls instead of cold calls.
- 2 referral sources you’ve completely neglected.
- 5 ways to use snail mail to set yourself apart.
- 2 email tactics that generate appointments.
- BONUS: 50 cold email templates.
- 5 ways to use a “reverse call to action” to create interest.
- How to devise a “3 touch mini campaign” and a multi-channel prospecting cadence.
Session 3 Maximizing Account Potential
- The one mistake that hurts your clients and your paycheck!
- A 3 step questioning technique that helps safeguard your accounts, generate more opportunities, testimonials, and referrals.
- How to get the inside track on new opportunities.
- How to get access to additional stakeholders WITHOUT offending your contact.
- How to expand to other locations, divisions, etc.
- How to add value via ideas, surprises, and resources.
- BONUS PDF: A stay in touch cadence to help you stay “top of mind” with your clients.
Session 4 Expediting Your Deals
- How to take immediate control of your deals WITHOUT being controlling or manipulative. BONUS PDF: How To Take Immediate Control Of Your Prospect Meetings.
- 8 ways to safeguard your deals and keep them moving forward.
- How to leverage the “theme and variation” tactic.
- How to preempt and respond to obstacles, stalls, and objections.
- 3 tactics to use if you feel you’ve been “ghosted”.
- BONUS PDF: 100 sample questions to ask your prospects.
By the end of this program you’ll have tactics, templates, and a communication plan to;
- Get in front of MORE opportunities
- Bring MORE of those opportunities across the finish line.
- GROW the accounts you currently manage!
You’ll receive the entire course immediately, but by all means;
Go at your own pace!
Your computer screen.
(4) 60 minute pre-recorded sessions with over 75 actionable tips
50 email Templates
5 Bonus PDFs
(4) Assignments and individualized feedback from Paul Castain
Access to secret resource page with additional PDFs, articles, etc
Email access to Paul Castain to answer any course related questions
What’s The Investment?