The problem with many sales reps is that they quickly blend in by saying and doing the same things as everyone else!
Then they act surprised when a deal takes longer to close and when;
Prospects tell them “No thanks” or worse yet;
Go silent on them and stop returning calls.
Here are two ways, to remove yourself from the ranks of the easily disregarded;
1) Revisit the messaging you typically embrace. If your messaging always reeks of “Checking in” “Following up” “Circling back”, you’re sounding like everyone else and;
Quite possibly conditioning your prospect NOT to take your call, return your call, open your email, respond to your email.
In other words . . .
You’re conditioning your potential client to ignore you!
Some things to consider;
Send a resource.
Offer a no strings attached idea.
Use my “recap” tactic.
Introduce them to someone they should know.
Use my “homework” tactic.
Provide “evidence” to solidify your value prop and to reduce doubt, skepticism, objections. Think facts, samples, studies, examples, testimonials, etc.
Call with a question.
Use creativity to reinforce your value proposition.
Use these video ideas.
2) Look at the forms of outreach you typically use. If you’re like most sales reps, you’re clinging way too much to the phone and email. Nothing wrong with those venues but;
If you’re conveying the same, tired and low value message;
Via the same form of outreach;
You really HAVEN’T done anything to stand out!
If you found value in these ideas;
Please forward this post to your sales team and;
Check this out;
Staying In Touch With Prospects WITHOUT Being Annoying, Desperate, or Salesy!
It’s a 60 minute prerecorded webinar where we discuss;
- The 3 Things You Must Do After Each Prospect Meeting.
- The 3 Most Important Things To Reinforce Between Meetings and 15 Ways To Do It. .
- What To Do When Things Get Competitive.
- 5 Things To Do If You Think You’ve Been “Ghosted”.
- A 10 Point Communication Plan (With Templates) To Help You Stay “Top of Mind” and Gently Guide Your Contact From Prospect To Client.
Download it instantly.
What Do You Get?
(1) 60 Minute Training Download With Over 25 Tips and Tactics
Bonus PDF With Stay In Touch Ideas